Cat 272c

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by qps, Jun 22, 2007.

1. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Here is it...
    cab is sweet but it seems like there's an awful lot of glass in front of you, vision is much improved, new hydraulics are very touchy, but super responsive, now lets see what the track machine has to offer...

DSC01157.JPG

DSC01153.JPG

DSC01152.JPG

DSC01154.JPG

2. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

Man that thing looks sweeeeet. Good luck with it:)

3. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

If the boom is raised how do you open the door?:)

4. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

That door should give great visibility. Are you thinking of buying or just demoing? Does MacAllister have any MTL's yet?

5. qps

from Indy

you put the door down...or up all the way then open...

6. qps

from Indy

End of July on the MTL, I have a 257B that has been a gutless wonder and will look to trade up to a large frame 277C..the small frame MTL will be called a 257B2....updated but not the same as the new C series...

7. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

If there is an emergency that requires you to get out of the machine when the boom arms are up, there are two handles on the inside of the door that removes the glass (but not the door), allowing you to escape.

8. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Hmm, that's what I had said last summer as well. Wonder what the market will say about this in time.

9. keerym

keerym LawnSite Member
    from Arizona

The hydraulics have three settings to adjust the sensitivity. I'm not sure how to adjust it, but the OMM with the machine should tell you how. I'm guessing it is set to the most sensitive. I've been in one of the machines that was the opposite, but it was set that way.

10. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm guessing that he meant how do you run the machine with the door open like some machines can, not in case he needed to bail.:)