Cat 289 D ?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Marek, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Your CAT salesman should go ask his sales department to get correct information. My buddy at the CAT dealership said the CAT factory released a sales bulletin to the dealers with all the ship dates and the 289D is supposed to start at the factory this month and first 289Ds are supposed to ship sometime in August.

2. toomuchtime

toomuchtime LawnSite Senior Member

will see. ive heard alot of conflicting information on the d series machines.

3. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Ordered a new 289d today. There were no more C series around. New unit will have the Kubota engine, forestry package , high flow , weight kit , air seat, electric quick attachment , stereo with cd and blue tooth , rear camera and triple flange idlers. Will not be in for a month .

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

FYI they don't like deep water.

5. Stick Pro

Stick Pro LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on your new order, did they give you any specs on your machine? I am curious if they raised the horsepower back up on the 289. Can't wait to see some pics of her when it arrives.

6. Stick Pro

7. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

What Frankenstein loader arms are those... evolution of the old 252B-262B arm?

Cat Landscaping put up a photo that had a 289D in the background a few months ago and I asked then what those arms were. Didn't get an answer, but I guess with that brochure now I know it's official :D

8. Stick Pro

9. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like they are offering a 5" LCD display with a rearview camera.

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I'll say this, the 259D looks damn good, but the loader arms look like they were designed by a little kid.