Cat 289 D ?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Marek, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Go straight to the triple flange idlers and never look back

2. contractor078

contractor078 LawnSite Member

are all those guards factory provided or did Alban fab and put them on? was it a package that you bought from CAT?

3. Marek

According to Alban it comes as a kit. When they deliver the machine it will have a complete list of all the part numbers so I can post them then. Some could be easily fab d up but others would be easier to buy.

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I've yet to run a track off with double front and single rear, I do a lot of off camber and trench hopping at weird angles with the 289C2.

5. Stick Pro

Stick Pro LawnSite Senior Member

Part numbers would be good. I need the shield for the pre cleaner on my 299d. If you can get me that part number I would much appreciate it, I can not find that shields in my parts book.

6. Marek

Did they put the parts list in with your owners manual behind the seat?

7. Stick Pro

Stick Pro LawnSite Senior Member

It came with the parts cd but I did not see a parts list, I will look again on Monday. I have gone over every page on the parts cd, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

8. Nico963

Nico963 LawnSite Member

Just saw this on Youtube.Nice machine but these guy's are gonna get them selves killed walking infront of that mulcher like that.Anyway it looks like the D-series are starting to show up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWT-ocpt5tM

9. Marek

Actually impressed that she didn't loose more pressure when he went into the larger pile. Guess they will learn the hard way when someone gets hurt.

10. Marek

Machine was deliverd today but they had not put the other paperwork with the owners manual. Will have the sales guy get it for me on Monday.