Cat 303CR - It's here

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Scag48, May 13, 2005.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Well, thought I'd update. Our 303CR showed up today all shiny and new. Everything is just like they said it was going to be and the thumb control on the right joystick is the only way to fly, I like it already. Haven't done any work with the machine yet but I know what to expect, I've been running the rental 303 for about a month now. I'll get some pics pretty soon. We ended up getting this thing cheaper than I thought. I thought our original quote of $39, 700 did not include tax, but it turns out our total price with tax ended up being $40,091 with a hydraulic thumb (not exactly sure on the cost of that, going to guess at least $2,000), $2,000 for 12" and 40" buckets and the reposistioning of the thumb control was about $2,000 as well. WA sales tax is 8% and without taxes this machine would be about $37,000, a pretty good deal I think, especially when I go on Catused and find 303CR's with about 200 hrs that are lesser equipped than our machine costing maybe a couple thousand less, if that. I'll try to get some pics in a couple days.

Pawnshop, pulled the trigger on that 35D yet? Com'on, everyone's buyin machines, jump on that bandwagon! Hope all is well.
  2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Thats good to hear I hope you have good luck with the machine. The first dent in the side panels hurts the ones afterwards is battle wounds :laugh:
  3. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, I sure did...wife's gonna shoot me, but I LOVE that machine! I'm glad you are pleased with the 303...I think for both of our applications, a smaller machine makes much more sense. I use the mini more than I use my skid steer!

Post some pics and I'll try to do the same! Congrats again on your new "baby"!
  4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Glad to hear you went for the 35D! Yeah, my mom was pretty hosed off when we decided to buy the 303, but she'll get over it. So far, in the last 3 weeks that we've had the rental 303 we used it more than the skid steer. But what is really nice is that we can work 2 sites at the same time with 2 machines which is a really big plus for us. I will try to get pictures as well. Good luck and have fun!
  5. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

Scag48, you have any pics?
  6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

No pics yet, I meant to take the camera tonight to get some pics of the machine doing some site cleanup on a job we just finished today. I will try to get some picutures in the next few days. 9 hours on her on so far!
  7. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Tagged for pics.......
  8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Okay guys, here's the pics I promised. I took quite a few, hopefully I do this right. Enjoy!

Picture 001 resized.jpg
  9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

And another...

Picture 002 resized.jpg
  10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Picture 003 resized.jpg