Cat 304cr

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by qps, Nov 9, 2005.

1. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Picked up a new 304 to demo today, only got to use for 1/2 hr or so, but man I would love to have this thing, dumb me was trying to dig with it...it's bouncing everywhere...I'm thinking man this thing can't dig worth a crap, my guy say's , try putting the blade down on the front of it...duh....I do like the cab with a/c and how the window folds up to the roof of the cab. bought a new 66" 4-1 cat bucket for the 257B....I just need to hit the lottery now:)

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

mmmmmm Cat Equipment gives me wood mmmmmmmm

:angel:

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

^Yeah, what Scott said^ Haha. The 304CR is a nice machine, isn't it?

4. qps

from Indy

o.k. guys what uses would a vib. roller have??? is it basically a compactor??
    know a guy who has one for sale but its expensive...thanks

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Is it a hoe pack or is it something else if its a hoe pack (plate compactor) that attaches to your excavator it is worth buying if you do allot of utility lines or block walls where you need to compact the trench you dug.

Your excavator has to be plumbed for auxilary hydraulics if its not you will have to add it.

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Couldn't you just use quick couplers and run it off the thumb lines?

7. qps

from Indy

No it looks like a big roller I think its called a vibratory roller...maybe??? hell I don't know...looks like it used to compact your fill dirt or sand or stone or whatever...they cost around 8k new...

8. qps

from Indy

Hey, your gonna love this I got the 304 sitting on my 5 acre site which has a old house on it that were gonna remodel this winter, anyways one area that were tearing down I stuck the 2 foot bucket on the roof and it damn near ripped the corner of the house off...oops...gotta practice on those controller some more..:p

9. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

We use pad foot vibratory rollers to compact patio and driveway base, as well as dirt behind walls over reinforcement zones. Vibratory rollers on the front of your 257 would be used for base under the same thing. We couldn't use one on most of our jobs, and the dedicated Bomag pad foot we have can do anything the roller for the 257 can do. And yup. Plan on an ankle holding adventure any time you buy a vibratory anything. Our Bomag pad foot walk behind was $23,700.00. on the plus side, we can hit 90% modified proctor in minutes vs beating the crap out of everything with the Wacker for a half hour. So, as with all mechinization, you buy it to cut labor.

10. qps

from Indy

Yep looked on the bobcat website and its used for flat work...driveways and sidewalks looks like the only thing much it would be good for...Thanks again