Cat 305c Cr Owners

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mrsops, Jul 6, 2008.

1. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

hey boys haven't been around in a while been real real busy with work just wondering if anyone purchased or has demoed the cat 305 or any excavator for that matter.. must say we are very happy with the performance of it.. thinking about demoing a cat 303c cr real soon anyone have any thoughts on this machine

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

The 303CCR is a real tight contender with everyone else here, typical Cat, more power and bigger cab space, but pricey.

3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i rented a 305 one day and absolutely loved it

4. mrsops

yeah I'm looking forward to demoing it against my 334.. That's what I'm hearing pricey compared to the rest of the mini's in its class but then again the 305 was very impressive im sure the 303 will be to

5. mrsops

hey ron by the way hows the 247 holding up you still real happy with it?

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Very tickled, after 6 months, it saved me an average of $60-$80 on fuel alone, even the Caterpillar PDF says you don't need to run WOT to get maximum performance, it runs the brush cutter better with less heat and more power, even before I sealed the cab it kept me cleaner and cooler all day and less head aches and there is no way in hell I am going back to a rigid frame ever again, it's so much fun to watch your tracks dive up and down over humps and bumps while loaded.

7. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I rented a 303CR for a month last year. I did not like it. I flet it was a bit underpowered and didn't have that good of visibility. I also didn't like the cab space at all. But then I got my Ditchwitch and its got pretty much the same cab so If I complain about the cat, then i need to about mine...

I also thought the Cat burned a bit more fuel. It did however seem to have some speed. very quick.

It all came down to price for me though, cats in our area are at least 10% more than everyone else. I just can't justify that kind of an expense even if its a super machine.

J.

8. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

we use a cat 303ccr at work and i hate it............. it bout vibrates you off the machine when you put it at idle to stop and talk.. the throttle is totally backwards.. they put the hour meter between your legs.. your auxillary is still on the floor instead of on the joysticks.. and the blade joystick seemed to have alot of slop in it...... so it was hard to backfill and grade with the blade.........the seat was so uncomfortable it was funny cuz it wasnt an air ride like on the bobcats,,, or the komatsu so you felt every jolt.....

sorry for all the complaints but the machine was just so awkward and it didnt have alot of cabspace in my opinion. but these are just my opinions.....

9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

No way could that be a "C" series, it's a "B" series. All of the C series including the 303 C CR have the boom swing and auxiliary controls on the joy sticks.

10. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

There is nignt and day difference between the B and C series.
    The C series is a good machine.