CAT 305C CR Towing Question

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Tonkatoys, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Tonkatoys

Tonkatoys LawnSite Member

Hi guys, I know someone here will have an answer for me. I'm going to get a CAT 305C CR and want to know if it's ok to tow it on a 14K GVWR Pequea T200 tilt trailer. I'll be pulling it with an 08 Ford F350 Superduty with the 6.4 L turbo diesel. Please let me know if I'm crazy.

2. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

whats it weigh?

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

305 c cr is about 13k lbs.

have you run the 305 for long?

you must not have serious work to be doing if thats the machine of choice, i was disapointed in power from the 305.

4. Tonkatoys

the excavator is about 12k

5. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

nevermind i looked it up....11,500 pounds will be pushing it on a bumper pull with a 350. Is it a single or dual wheel truck? You could easily do it with a gooseneck. The most i have ever towed with a 350 dump was around 12,000 and that included the weight of the trailer, you will however need to get a CDL if you are pulling that kind of weight for commercial (you get paid for it) reasons

6. Tonkatoys

I haven't purchased it yet. This wouldn't be for professional use. It would be for my personal use. I will be using it for my own landscaping on my property.

7. Tonkatoys

It's a single wheel truck.

8. P.Services

if you dont plan on pulling it alot i wouldnt hesitate to pull it with that set up. if i was moving it 3 times a week i may think twice.

are you buying new?

9. Tonkatoys

I was planning on buying a new machine. My local CAT dealer has a really good deal going until the end of the year.

10. P.Services

what state are you in? whats the $$$ they want for it?