1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

CAT 951B Joints in a bind

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mowingmary, May 11, 2007.

1. mowingmary

mowingmary LawnSite Member

Just thought I'd ask...

We bought this highlift, or traxcavator, from Fabick (Cat Dealer) mechanic. He rebuilt the engine, worked it maybe 300 hours on personal farm, and sold it to us. We have a nightmare of a building site for our new house. Had to blast granite rock for basment, and the mess left is overwelming. Boulders the size of VW bugs for example.

The problem we keep having is there are 4 rubber joints between the engine and transmission. We've had to replace them several times. A local mechanic thought the engine wasn't properly aligned, and this might be causing damage to the joints. We're not in the biz, house site is in the middle of no where, although beautiful country, and money is tight. Everything so far with the construction of home has cost the maximum. Flippin well was over 500' through granite rock! Amazing how the neighbor only had to go 170', at about the same elevation. Damn the luck! Anyway, anyone have any suggestions??? Thanks for any replies.
  2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I know what your talking about and it has to do with motor alinement it would be the only reason why your taking out the isolators. Something must be twisted or bent causing the problem.
  3. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

check you motor mounts and transmission mounts, and i feel for you these thing can be a pain to change