Cat C-Series SSL/CTL Loaders

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by G ZMAN, Feb 14, 2007.

1. G ZMAN

G ZMAN LawnSite Member

Anyone learn anything new on the upcoming Cat C-Series Skid Steers or Compact Track Loaders? They are out being tested with key customers so someone must have a photo that they can share??

C-Series rumored to include:
    Pressurized Cab
    More Cab Glass for visibility
    E/H Joysticks
    Electronic Float
    Air-Ride Seating

Please SHARE what you have seen or heard...
  2. Mini man

Mini man LawnSite Member

I have seen all the info on DVD....sorry ...cannot share it but you are correct about all the points you made.
    I am going to get one as soon as they are my 262.
  3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I will tell you what I know. They are very close to releasing I see no need to play the "secret squirrel" routine. They will have the ability to add high flow and cab as field installed options. Ride Control is an option as is an air seat with the control handles and the seat are intergrated so as the seat goes up and down so do the controls. As reported they are E/H controls and the cab is pressurized. They are releasing a larger machine. Larger than the CASE 465 as I was told. The cab is easier to access much like a CASE. The battery is located under the cab with remote terminals in the rear of the machine like CASE. The hyd. fan is thermo controlled. Improvements to the A/C system have been made. The hyd. hoses are much more abrasion resistant. It will have a Lojak type system that should the machine leave a certain predetermined area it will call your cell phone and deactivate the machine (that is cool). There were some other things that I can't recall right now. Should be interesting to see how they run.
  4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds awesome. Cat didn't do much with the B series over the original series. Watch out Case! A machine larger than a 465? Awesome!
  5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I will be given one to run as soon as they hit Idaho. I anxious to see it. It sounds like it should raise the bar a little higher in the industry. That is a good thing.
  6. Mini man

Mini man LawnSite Member

My salesman just came back from the plant and is basically speechless....the new machines are the bomb:canadaflag: :cool2:
  7. accurate machinery

accurate machinery LawnSite Member

So what are they doing different about the track machines, is the ASV undercarriage being dumped? Will I be able to buy aftermarket tracks for the new machines?
  8. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm pretty certain that it will still have the ASV undercarriage. CAT signed a new agreement with ASV not too long ago. I bet the undercarriage is the same, or near the same as the SR70 or SR80.
  9. iowacatman

iowacatman LawnSite Member

Undercarriage will be similar, not the same as ASV.

I saw the new "C" series last month, and got a chance to run it. Very nice. Cat will release more info next month. Don't expect much availability until late summer/early fall. C series only on bigger machines, smaller machines will be B series II.

Here is a picture: :)

10. Canon Landscaping

Canon Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

272C High Lift 90 hp, 8,312 lbs., 3,450 lb. capacity
    297C 90 hp, 10,634 lbs., 4,200 lb. capacity
    256C 82 hp, 7,523 lbs., 2,500 lb. capacity