Cat CTL C2's

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Nico963, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Nico963

Nico963 LawnSite Member

Hi guys,Long time reader,First time posting.

I was looking at Cat's CTL C2's the other day and noticed that it looks like CAT shrunk the undercarrage or something?Then I saw a 279C2 in person yesterday and it looks really small in person,Like it doesn't even belong on the machine.Anyone know why CAT made them different?

289c

[​IMG]

289c2

[​IMG]

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That does look kind of different, maybe it's the optical illusion of one machine parked at a slightly different angle. The only way to tell would be to measure the tracks on a specification site.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. xc2010

xc2010 LawnSite Member
    from STL

289C2- Measures 64" length of track on ground

289C- Measures 69.6" length of track on ground

(C2 measurement off cats website and the C off ritche specs)

4. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

There is obviously more space between the top of the track triangle and the "butt" of the machine on the C2 model.

5. Nico963

Nico963 LawnSite Member

It's different for sure.

I ran a 299D today and it was really a nice CTL.

Anybody know when the 279D will be out?

6. Stick Pro

Stick Pro LawnSite Senior Member

Our 299D is running great, you can notice the power difference between the 289. I was talking to my salesman last week, he told me at the end of march they were switching over the plant to start making the 259C, and the 89 and 79D models were not to far behind. Hopefully he was not just bull sh$#ing me.

7. Nico963

Nico963 LawnSite Member

I didn't know you bought one?I've been a Bobcat guy my whole life.I tried a B-series skidsteer for a while and just could not get myself to like it.I've been reading alot about the 299D and everybody is raveing about how much they like it.Like I said before,I tried a 299D today and really,really liked it.I'm waiting to see what the 279D will bring to the table.

8. Stick Pro

Yes we bought one we picked her up at the end of december. I love the power of this machine. I have got used to the reas visibility
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Stick Pro

Yes we bought one we picked her up at the end of december. I love the power of this machine. I have got used to the rear visibility, it is not as good as my 289 but not that bad, every one I have talked to that was there bigiest concern. I am with you I will love to see how the 289 279d machines turn out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

one has suspension ride and the other one dont