Cat Diesel 400 lbs more weight

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by kemo, Sep 16, 2004.

1. kemo

kemo LawnSite Member

I just demoed a Super Z (25 hp Honda, 60 deck) yesterday! Absolutely Tremendous ! In talking the sales rep showed me pricing for the Cat Diesel (14,500) and it should be available for ordering in November. Evidently all drive and wheel motors are the same as any other Super Z's...but the Cat Diesel will weigh 400 lbs more than the other engines. Just wondering if that added weight will be a problem. Interested in hearing from you all with Super Z's...

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The diesel Super Z will have a different drive system than the Super Z air cooled models.
    MSRP on the 60" will be $15,999.00 and $16,299.00 on the 72".
    We will be debuting this unit next week at Expo.

Pj

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Actually I've already seen and heard it. :cool2:

It does have a different drive system and the sound is like music. That cat just sings.

4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Can you get some pics???

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I cant post a picture until next Friday.
    We are going to be unveiling this unit at the Expo.

6. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

Is this the same Perkins, (painted Cat yellow) that Ferris uses?? Cat bought Perkins a while back and for some reason paints the perkins motors yellow..

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

This is not the same engine that Ferris uses, they are using a 27 hp in there new diesel mower and I believe they use a 31.5 hp in there larger diesel mower.
    The Hustler will use a 34hp.
    I am not sure of the Perkins engine, I know Cat owns Perkins and a lot of the smaller hp Cat engines are re-badged Perkins engines, but when you buy Cat or a product with a Cat engine in it, you are buying the best support in the industry, Cat's parts and service are second to none.
    I will ask the people who know later this week when we are at Expo, and reply back to you here.

Pj

8. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I personally don’t care if it’s a Perkins or Cat. Perkins has always made one heck of an engine! I can’t wait to see it! Do you have the torque specs? Pj

9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Does it really weigh 400lbs more? Wow! :dizzy: I believe the weight will put it out of my league.

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I do not have it today.
    I will have more info to share in a few days once we debut the unit here at Expo.

Pj