1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cat E70b value?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by KrayzKajun, Mar 1, 2013.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Still havent heard anything. My price was right around $10.5k. So approx $425/acre. I may give him a call today just to touch bade.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. KrayzKajun

Wow they have E70b's on machinerytrader between $10k-30k.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. KrayzKajun

Do yall think it would be worth to get it in good operation order to use for demo and pond/ditch work?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I'd flip it.

I personally wouldn't trust a machine that old. I'm not a big cat person, I don't know how easy parts are to find. But to me it's a huge risk. Not to mention in its current shape it's a bad image.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. mellimac

mellimac LawnSite Member

Sweet...$1500! And it runs...
    My only concern with a hunk of metal like that is having a back 40 to hide it...:laugh:
    I'd be all over that...up here, everybody is looking for a excavator, especially a machine that you cannot lose on, whether you flip it, part it, or play with it.
  6. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

flip it, or let me do it!
  7. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

why are you questioning yourself? you are saying should i flip it? or rebuild it? or trade it? Obviously you want it, so no matter what you do, go to him tomorrow and pay him 1500 on the contingency you can keep it there until you figure out moving arrangements. (i.e. selling it)
  8. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

I got a trailer you can move it with if you need it.
  9. KrayzKajun

Bidding on the demo of 5houses rightnow. May pick this machine up, get it into running order and work the $hit out of it till it dies.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Better to rent a machine or invest a bit more for a machine in much better shape. This thing could be a money pit.
    Posted via Mobile Device