Lawn Care Forum banner

Cat E70b value?

17K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  jmacd 
#1 ·
Im a heavy equipment junky. There is a pile driving company the next block over from my shop. I stopped over this morning to pick up some old tires. And the owner asked if i would be interested in this old E70b. He started it up and moved it. Yea it needs work. But for the price i figure i cant go wrong. Its worth more than that in scrap value. He offered it to me for $1500.00. Yep thts correct. Could this be moved on a dual tandem gooseneck?
Pics(

Posted via Mobile Device

See less See more
#4 ·
RitchieSpecs has it at 15256# or 7.6 T. I don't know where scrap is, but you can always look back to that. On a 20,000# goose neck you'll be over, not to mention it might be sketchy loading. Short trips maybe... Maybe look at RB for suggestions as to what to look at in an ex. It may be more profitable to part out too if it doesn't work out.

#8 ·
Offer him $1000 cash , he wont turn it down. Then find a dealer who has one of those skid steers you want and see what he will give you for trade in value. You would be suprised what some dealers will do for a sale...

#10 ·
How did the quote go on that job Jacob? Sorry i never got back to your email i was away for 6 days and unfortunetly my cell phone provider doesnt work to well in other provinces.

#11 ·
How did the quote go on that job Jacob? Sorry i never got back to your email i was away for 6 days and unfortunetly my cell phone provider doesnt work to well in other provinces.
Still havent heard anything. My price was right around $10.5k. So approx $425/acre. I may give him a call today just to touch bade.
Posted via Mobile Device

#15 ·
Sweet...$1500! And it runs...
My only concern with a hunk of metal like that is having a back 40 to hide it...:laugh:
I'd be all over that...up here, everybody is looking for a excavator, especially a machine that you cannot lose on, whether you flip it, part it, or play with it.

#17 ·
why are you questioning yourself? you are saying should i flip it? or rebuild it? or trade it? Obviously you want it, so no matter what you do, go to him tomorrow and pay him 1500 on the contingency you can keep it there until you figure out moving arrangements. (i.e. selling it)

#20 ·
Better to rent a machine or invest a bit more for a machine in much better shape. This thing could be a money pit.
Posted via Mobile Device

#22 ·
Not trying to be a downer here but who knows what it needs to get it going. Just changing all your filters and fluids will eat up 500 bucks then a new seat, glass for the front( you would be insane to attempt demo with no glass or guards of some sort on that machine who knows what shape the wiring is in, hoses that need to be replaced because they are dried and cracked and that's just the tip of the ice berg. Rent a machine that is not going to break down in the middle of the demo and leave you stranded with an empty wallet.
Posted via Mobile Device

#24 ·
If the machine walks and talks buy it for 1500 and try to get 5 for it on a trade in at a dealer. If you can swing it see if you can rent a machine from said dealer and have them apply the rent to the sales price as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

#25 ·
May still wind up making a deal on this E70b. The guy that owns the machine contacted me about maybe making a trade. He got a violation notice for his property being overgrown. He wants to know if I would be interested in cleaning up their equipment yard cut/trim and spray the area in trade for the excavator. Before he gets a few thousand dollar fine for the property.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.