Cat Engine

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by ha305, Nov 25, 2006.

1. ha305

ha305 LawnSite Member

I have seen the cat engine in some other mower brands. Are you going to start to put them into some z-turns.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello,
    Thanks for writing in. There is no plan at this time to start intergrating the Cat engines into our product line.
    Thanks,
    Brian

3. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

why not??? one of the BEST diesel engine's out there!

4. ha305

ha305 LawnSite Member

I just want to put a cat power sticker on the bagger. Wouldnt it look real good with that yellow engine. Its naice

5. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

You can go out and buy a CAT "sticker" but I won't the real thing!!
    They are a Great and EXTREMELY dependable I think even more then the Kubota diesel engine they offer (which I think they are good to)

So Brian, I take eXmark is "in bed" with kubota for a price break on the diesels??

6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I would also like to see a Cat engine(s) offered with plenty of hp on the Exmark machines. A Cat would look real good on a Exmark and like was said above their one of the best engines available.

7. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello,
    Like any business that is striving to reduce input cost and still upgrade a machine we continually work with suppliers that meet our quality/price requirements. Kubota is meeting all those needs at this time.
    Thanks,
    Brian

8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

You will not want a Cat engine on your mower after the first time you need warranty work, service, or have to buy parts. There is no more expensive engine to buy parts for than a Cat. There is almost nowhere to get a Cat engine worked on, except at a Cat dealer. There are almost no aftermarket sources for parts. Many Cat. dealers will not do warranty work, or any work at all on mowers with Cat engines. Just aks Ferris/Cat. owners in some parts of the country.If they will work on them, they will put your machine at the bottom of the list, behind the half million dollar machines that they sold themselves. Thank goodness that Exmark and a few other mower manufacturers have had the good sense not to use Cat. engines.

9. iowa

iowa LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW IA

Agreed with mowingman. IMO, Kubota probably makes many more smaller diesel engines than Cat does, or probably ever will. Plus, they are so darn expensive.

10. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I doubt you will need that many parts for a CAT diesel besides filters. If you can afford the price tag for the machine I doubt a filter that is $20 more than normal will affect you that much. Why put after market parts on that diesel? And as far as service... If your spending the $15000 plus for this mower your DEALER will service it. I think you will be a little higher on their list. My point is: If your spending that kind of money with your Ferris or who ever dealer, they better take care of your needs better than anyone. If not, don't buy from that dealer.

PS- Not trying to attack your post. It raises a good point. Just I see a completely different angle, thats all.