1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

CAT in real life

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AMCAT, Sep 27, 2008.

1. AMCAT

AMCAT LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

2. AMCAT

AMCAT LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I wonder if that hour meter is correct I had to put my glasses on & look 2 times:cool2:
  3. howierd3866

howierd3866 LawnSite Senior Member

that machine had to be working 7 days a week since new
  4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Or it just spent a lot of time idling.......baaaaa-zing!!!!!!!

But seriously, one of the local recycling depots here has an original 246 with over 13,000 hours, just some minor cylinders and bushing repairs, and it still runs like new.
  5. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm thinking it's a typo. More like 1010.4 hours instead.

But If I'm wrong I give the operator credit for keep thing machine looking good!
  6. AMCAT

AMCAT LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

If you look at the Hour meter in one of the pictures it actually shows that amount of hours
  7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

The hour meter doesn't lie, unless it has something very wrong with the LCD crystals.

8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

9. 2109 Stang

2109 Stang LawnSite Member

Hi guys ,long time no post here ,but I do check every day,I'm not going to say it's no possible but that machine would have to be working 10 to 13 hrs a day 5 to 6 day every week for three years and if it did I'm sure that it would look a lot more beat up than shown on those pictures ,my guess is the digital hour meter was logging a lot shorter hours than 60 minutes .
  10. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

If the machine was used in a warehouse type of work and not dirt work then the good condition of the machine is fully believable. Also When a machine is used in clean conditions and not much abrasive material is exposed to the machine then I would think it could go twice those hours with almost no breakdowns at all.