CAT Skid Steer Kill Switch

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by CarterKraft, May 28, 2008.

1. CarterKraft

CarterKraft LawnSite Senior Member

I posted this info in the Stolen equipment section but it might be better here.

I can provide info for an "A" or "B/B2" series skid steer kill switch.

This switch is easily installed and is very effective at locking the machine down.

I am not gonna post the information as it could easily be Googled and foil our plans.

You can e-mail me or PM.
  2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

PM sent!!!
  3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Heck yeah I will be e-mailing. I always take off one battery cable and leave it on site... but any idiot can figure that out. I had a bad experience doing that as well. I backed it onto my FRR with the door of the machine against the body of the landscape bed so I could haul my dingo as well. And you guessed it the thing wouldn't crank b/c the battery cable was loose and it was stuck since I couldn' open the back door. I had to get my wife w/ her duramax to pull the thing just enough to get the door open to crank it... those Cats have one heck of a parking brake! It took like 4 good yanks in 4low to even budge it 6". That was embarrassing.
  4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

CASE has been offering this for some time now. Great feature.
  5. CarterKraft

CarterKraft LawnSite Senior Member

Just to help the battle :cool2: CAT has also offered this option since day one.

This switch I am referring to is a CarterKraft design, not a CAT or Holt CAT design, just to clarify.