1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

catch up on mowing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, May 16, 2006.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

All of you that have been having rain any of you catching up yet on behind work? I would asume you will be working till dark once it is time to mow again trying to catch up and be on schedule for next week/
  2. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Technicly I was behind but realisticly I wasn't as I finished the weeks work by sunday afternoon...so yes, I am caught up...
  3. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I havent cut a lawn in 10 days.
  4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

We are going to ocean city maryland thursday morning for a hugeeeeeeee car show and cruise. We have 70 lawns and we only have 9 or 10 left for tomorrow. On saturday we cut our monday lawns in anticipation for rain sunday and monday. Well it didnt rain to much so we are way ahead thank god. Cant wait to be cruising my race car down coastal highway thursday through sunday while everybody else is working for a change!!!!!
  5. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

and another 3 to go:cry: :cry: :cry: i just cut my lawn and i'm NOT cutting until it drys!
  6. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Mystic... how are you ever going to catch up on your work.. all ive heard about on local and national news is your town... best of luck to you...
  7. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Ita been raining here since fri afternoon. Nowhere near as bad as so nh and ma but enough. Been mowing in the rain and on schedule till today, stopped about 10 lawns short, nothing huge though. Should be able to be caught up by Fri. They say the current weather system is finally breaking up a bit, I'm hoping to not have to wear the rain coat tommorrow.
  8. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Tomorrow will be my first day back out since early last week. Im gonna start with just flat lawns and see how it goes. Im gonna cut higher than normal to try and reduce some clumping.
  9. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Today was my first day cutting since last monday and I still won't be able to finsih some of my accounts for a least 4 to 5 days if it stays nice out, my lawns were 4in higher than what I normally cut at. I used my trac-vac today and it worked good unlike in leaves. Why couldn't this rain hold off till atleast the middle of july.
  10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I was feeling bad for myself for missing a bunch of jobs until I saw what you poor east coasters were getting. I hope you are all well and feel for you. The one good thing is that EVERYONE is behind on their schedule. We had a smaller version of what you have and it lasted for about 6 days. Now add heat and we can mow every customer 4 times a week.