1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Catcher price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadA, Dec 19, 2006.

1. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

I did my first leaf clean up the other day. rented a billy goat vac (POS) and about two hours into the job I started thinking about how much easier it would be to just bag it. So I called around on some prices for a catcher for my 48" Metro WB, $300. Holy chit! I know attachments are overpriced and all but damn.
    Is there anywhere to find one cheaper.
  2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Thats about what they cost. I bought one for my lazer. I just got the regular walkbehind one like you priced because I cant justify $2000 for a vaccum.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

look them up at J.Thomas. They have their own that is just like Exmark's, and is much cheaper than the original. ($216.) Here's the page....it is item # GC206.
  4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

you can buy the steel grass gobbler crap for about 230.

There are some knock offs out there for under 200 bucks.

Both are good for a season if you are lucky.

The Rack'em brand seems to hold up slightly better.

We sell the Accelerators. They are Aluminum, so they are lighter and don't rot like the steel.

A 4 bushel bag for your Exmark Retals for 320. We sell them for 300. They cost me 270 and ups is about 30 bucks on these......so another words, unless i sell them for the suggested list, which I don't, we don't make money on bags.

Some guys don't understand why i can't throw a bag in for nother when i sell a mower to them.........
  5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I bought a used grass gobbler off ebay for $75. It works good and has given me 2 years so far with several more to go thus far. Keep an eye on ebay for them as they appear every now and then. The only drawback to them is that they are really heavy.
  6. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the replies.