Category 6

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by chimmygew, Apr 21, 2005.

1. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

Who here does right of way spraying? What all is involved and how did you get started. I was thinking of getting started in this. I already have my 3b and was getting ready to take my category six test. Any advise, tips, stories to share will be much appreciative. Thanks...

2. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I'm also looking at Category 6. I had a guy ask me about spraying his parking lot, and the consensus was that that fell under Right of Way.

I got the study guide, looked it over, and decided that I could pass it without studying terribly hard. Now I have to clear a day to go to Purdue to take the test.

But back to the original question, is it worthwhile? Anyone doing anything with it?

3. Moonlight

Moonlight LawnSite Member

I love my row spraying. There is not as much competition as turf but there are still some scrubs doing it for nothing. Most companies usually want at least 1 million general liability and 1 million on commercial vehicle. That does "weed" some of the competition out. I am licensed in 3 states for row and in OK for row, termites, general pest, fert, turf and ag plant.