Caterpiller ride on

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by valley boy, Jun 5, 2004.

1. valley boy

valley boy LawnSite Member

Just saw a ride on mower today Caterpiller Yellow and the Caterpiller name on the side . Looked like a John Deere to me . Is this a joke or is Caterpiller now making Lawn Equipment.

2. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you show us a pic?

3. valley boy

valley boy LawnSite Member

Sorry guys no pictures , Next time in the area I will take my camera.

4. BackAcreFarm

BackAcreFarm LawnSite Member

Cub Cadet has a couple models powered by Caterpillar diesels, but they are colored like Cub Cadets and don't say Caterpillar on the outside.

I was in Peoria last week. The crew maintaining the grounds at Caterpillar headquarters was using green and yellow equipment, looked like 455's with ROPS. I would think if Caterpillar made a mower they'd use them at their headquarters, so I'd vote that what you saw was a joke.

5. 2004F550

2004F550 LawnSite Senior Member

LOL, thats funny imo, Cat using Deere Machines to work on their Headquarters.

6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Cat does make utility tractors now, but I can't find them on thier website yet.

7. BackAcreFarm

BackAcreFarm LawnSite Member

2004F550,
    I thought it looked funny, but Caterpillar is a quality company and quality companies appreciate quality. They don't make a mower (as far as I know), but they recognize the value in buying quality products.

8. 2004F550

2004F550 LawnSite Senior Member

Yea. I would have thought that they could have worked something out w/ Ferris for a few 5000 72" since they supply the motor but probably more complicated then it sounds. Purchasing is probably up to the maintance superintendent anyway.