Catlle shed demolition

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by CLP, Feb 18, 2013.

1. CLP

CLP LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Taking down the 2nd to last barn on the old part of the farm. The long barn this owned by a car dealer now, and what's left of farm is around the corner. We still have fields out back. The main part of the farm is around the corner now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUwZ_E2rBqk

2. CLP

CLP LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I was surprised there was no comments, these type of jobs are fun to do once in a while.

3. excav8ter

excav8ter LawnSite Member

Nice.....always fun to demo a building now and then....too bad you didn't have a thumb on your machine. :drinkup:

4. CLP

CLP LawnSite Member
    from Maine

That one doesn't, but isn't bad with the blade to scoop it in the bucket.

5. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Clp good to see your staying busy. Looks like it will be a busy year in maine lots of people looking to have work done. I saw your backhoe was for sale, are you selling it to buy a loader? I agree need a thumb on your excavator but that's me, I don't like running a machine with out a thumb.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. CLP

CLP LawnSite Member
    from Maine

The backhoe just doesn't get used a lot, with 2 excavators and tractors.
    I'm thinking of a track loader, leaning towards Cat or Bobcat.

7. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Yea I can see that. I would suggest taking a look at Takeuchi, just down the road from you at Anderson Equipment in Cumberland. They have a nice 240 there right now. If you do ask for Ryan Hazelton, great guy to deal with.

8. CLP

CLP LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I've talked with Ryan and tried Takeuchi but I gotten to like more comfort in a cab.