1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cats E/H skid steer controls..A/C

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by KRtraxx, Jun 30, 2008.

1. KRtraxx

KRtraxx LawnSite Senior Member

I used to sell Cat skid loaders but have moved on to other things and havent kept up as good as I should on the new C series.I sold a new 18" VTS system to a good customer who had just bought a new Cat 262C..They had previously had a VTS equipped Cat 246(A series) which they loved.They are not happy at all with the lack of responsivness with the new E/H controls..(it does not have the optional speed settings) Is there anything Cat can do to correct this that anyone has seen? They are seriously looking at the new New Holland 185(VTS ) with pilots to replace it..(They have one already) But at under 200hrs they are going to take a huge hit trading it...any input???
    Also have others had problems with the AC not keeping the cab cool in hot HUMID weather on the C series??? thanks guys....
  2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I was also not impressed with the EH controls on the CAT. I am sure they can be adjusted with a service call, but the speed of the controls is not the only issue. Yellow Dog has had AC issues with his 272 as well (perhaps we should call it Holts 272C).