Cat's Eye Gold

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by battags, Feb 6, 2004.

1. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know where I can buy or order the Scag colored "Cats Eye Gold" paint for less than $20 per can?

Brian

2. Shultz

Shultz LawnSite Member

I think there is a sherwin williams paint code for the color, old scag orange and new scag orange. I cant find the memo from the dealer....I didn't buy the 15 dollar spray can either, but I also lost the memo. I keep looking

3. battags

Come on guys! I'm relying on you! Hopefully I will be able to find some paint so I can get this mower repainted. It's all sanded and primed, ready for paint!

B

4. Shultz

Shultz LawnSite Member

I FINALLY found the memo from the Dealer-Service info sheet 28-DATED 11/14/96

Other than the original part numbers from scag-at $20 a can
    P/N 48008 OR P/N 48521
    PRIOR TO 1989 USE 48008, LIGHTER IN COLOR
    1989 AND AFTER, USE 48521-DARKER AND A STRONGER POWDER PAINT

"In order to paint large areas of a Scag machine you can purchase the paint in large quantities from Sherwin Williams commercial paint stores. To find a store near that sells the paint call sherwin williams at 330-376-2126. The SW part number for the paint is F75XE04101-4312"

5. battags

No kidding! Sherwin Williams, huh? I never would have thought to check there. I ended up using 3 cans that I purchased from the dealer. I only painted the deck and deck lid. I may pull it apart and hit the tractor frame this winter. I'm replacing the tranny anyway and it's not hard to tape and mask that little engine.

Thanks for the info and kudos for remembering this thread from so long ago!

Brian