Caught in the rain!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frosty_03, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

Today I got caught in the rain, I had just got started with my own lawn and said this shouldn't take long and no sooner I said that along came the rain. I want to tell everyone that other than the rain being cold, My Exmark Lazer Z Hp ran through that wet grass like butter. I thought it would bogg down but it just kept cutting like it was not even raining. I thought about what if this leaves grooves in the yard, but it did not leave a mark of any sort. I must have gotten lucky or something. I would have never thought about cutting in the rain, but I had to see what my machine would do and I am very satisfied with it. My wife ran me out back into the rain to take off my wet jeans and shirt. Well I just had to tell everyone about my day.:cool:
  2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, me and hoss got hammered by some rain today, wasn't enough to leaves tracks but we got pretty wet.
  3. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark!!!!!!:D :D Glad ya had a great day Frosty!:drinkup:
  4. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I got rained on yesterday. The Exmark and I kept on working.:D No problem at all.
  5. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Im sure it wasent the exmark that stopped it from leaving 'tracks'
    if you had lets say 2" of rain in a short period of time it would leave tracks no matter what mower you have. Today I worked all day in the rain doing tree fun but got some spring clean ups done.:cool:
  6. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

Got caught in the rain the other day digging up an irrigation pipe with a small backhoe(no cab) got soaked then it turned to snow wet and cold! Then to make things worse the hole filled with water.
  7. Frosty_03

Thanks Dude!!!!:cool: Had a good day. Tomorrow I will be doing some landscaping for this little old lady I have on weekly account should pickup three bones for two yard of topsoil and a couple of evergreens she wants planted. Her yard takes about ten minutes to do and then I have to talk to her for another 10 about the Navy to get my 30 dollars. Her husband was in the Navy and she love to talk about him. So I listen and she makes the best sweat tea in the south. I think I mainly stay for the tea!!!!
  8. Frosty_03

Tell Hoss I said hello, Man did you guys see the sky get like really dark this afternoon about 5pm and then about 6pm it let go like crazy. I almost stoped but I said what the heck and keep mowing. I got soaked like right away it rained for a good 30 to 45 minutes here in millington the first 15 minutes it rained so hard I couldn't see nothing. Hey dude you hoss and myself are goin to have to get together for breakfast one day. I am kinda real busy trying to retire outof the Navy and all, But I will call you guys.
  9. If you finish mowing before the rain quits the rain goes ahead and washes away all of the muddy tracks.:D

I've mowed quite a bit in the rain and have never left grooves or anything just because it was raining. If anything the ground seems firmer during the rain than it does the day after a rain. The water must need time to soak in.

I mowed all afternoon yesterday in the rain. The temperature was in the 40's so I wore full rain gear. I actually stayed pretty comfortable. :cool:

10. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member