caught man stealing my gravely HD 52!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by D&K Lawns, Feb 4, 2011.

1. D&K Lawns

D&K Lawns LawnSite Member

I can't win for losing! I was working a fed housing property I have when I came around the corner of a house with edger in hand and this dude was trying to push my gravely down the street!!! I kid you not...I have never seen anything like it in my life. I yelled out at him and he took off. Called the Cops and they came and later caught up with him. It was almost comical watching him trying to push it. Question is should I press charges? I haven't filed any as of yet. What do ya'll think.

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

If you have some free time, do it.

3. ChiefsBeHoofinIt

ChiefsBeHoofinIt LawnSite Member

Let's say this exact scenario happened to a competitor of yours but he chose not to press charges...within a few days you come back to your rig and your mower is missing and it was the same guy who didnt get punished. how would you feel.

4. Showpropserv

Showpropserv LawnSite Member
    from mn

do it what a piece of scum

5. D&K Lawns

alright boys...time to put the smack down on the guy. going to file em!

6. Showpropserv

Showpropserv LawnSite Member
    from mn

ask for the death penalty you guys do it differently in the south:weightlifter:

7. D&K Lawns

LOL...will do showpropserv!

8. GTC1187

GTC1187 LawnSite Member

I agree, you're doing the right thing by pressing charges brother.

9. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

If it were me, I probably woulda sat there for a few min. watching him push the mower down the street. I can see it now... leaning with all his weight into the mower wondering why it's so hard to push when it's only 1,000 lbs. :D

10. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

Not only would I press charges but he would have fallen down a few times before the police showed up. I don't know what happened officer, he fell a few times trying to get away and I just kept trying to help him to his feet.

Dave...