caught man stealing my gravely HD 52!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by D&K Lawns, Feb 4, 2011.

1. really can't believe you would even ask that,

2. D&K Lawns

D&K Lawns LawnSite Member

Well, if I thought I could have caught him, I would have run after him. Thing is my running days are long gone. lol. I know this much...I will never forget the sight of that guy trying with all his might to push that mower...I have laughed myself to tears. We southerners are amused easily...yuk yuk.

3. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

Not alot of that here in Texas, we shoot first, ask questions later, then file charges.

4. D&K Lawns

D&K Lawns LawnSite Member

Well, JB1 since you are smarter than me,,I guess I should apologize for being so freakin stupid. Again, someone who shouldn't be on a forum to begin with. Oh, and remember, if you are ever in Mississippi, stay the hell away from my town.

5. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

I like that mentality!! Saves a lot of $$$!!
    Don't think it will work here though.

Don't be offended. That's more than $500.00 which equals grand larceny, not petty theft. I wouldn't have to ask either. I'd be here sharing about how this guy is awaiting trial for getting caught red handed. We work to hard to get what we got for someone to attempt a 5 finger discount.

6. BadRancher

BadRancher LawnSite Fanatic

Atleast you caught him.

7. twhitworth

twhitworth LawnSite Member

the pos would have traded it for a hundred dollars in crack.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Luckily the police caught up with this guy, it would have been a shame to have him get away.

Hopefully he doesn't get away easy, but then again it is sad that your taxes will go toward feeding him and clothing him while in prison.

9. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

think of it this way. if you dont press charges he will try it next time your there or the whole neighbor hood will think you a push over and steal you blind.

so YES press charges

10. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

Several years ago, in my retail management days. I caught a retired couple shoplifting. They had about $800 in merchandise on them. Detained them, called local law enforcement, pressed charges. These people had the ability to pay. Took good records, listed my time based on hourly rate, and estimated the officers time spent with the couple. Total my time and tax payers was over $1500.00 Sat in the court room and the judge asked them how do they plead. They said guilty. Fined them $100 and court cost of $350.00 since they had never been convicted of a crime before. The judge could tell I was extremely disgusted and asked if I wanted to add something. I told him that these people cost my employer about $600 for my time and travel to the court house and that the county spent about $900 in response, the fine was not nearly in line with the crime. Judge told me "sit down and say nothing else, or you will be held in contempt" I did! Since then, I've taken the Texas attitude. Your deadbeat thief will walk away from the courthouse and never see a fine or jail. JMHO