caught man stealing my gravely HD 52!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by D&K Lawns, Feb 4, 2011.

1. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

please ask him what he was thinking when you see him next, id love to hear what he has to say

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, I would suggest you press charges. But, he and his buddies, know you are an easy target. They know where you work, they know your equipment, and they know how to get away with your gear. Next time, the pushing may be replaced with driving it on a trailer, and hauling it away.

So, be aware and take precautions that you may have not done before. If the thug gets jail time, or fines, revenge by him (or his buddies) may be high on his (their) list. This is regrettable, but probably the reality.

3. Gravelyftw

Gravelyftw LawnSite Member

what did u have the key out? whenever i park my mower from now on ill take the key with me! I wouldve served him with some streeet justice. then pressed charges.

4. well i wouldn't be on here asking, I would have been following the police back to the station to file charges.

5. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

YEAH ITS ONLY 1000 #S AND DAMN THIS THING IS HARD TO PUSH. ESPECIALLY WITHOUT OPENING THE RELEASE VALVES :laugh::laugh:. UNBELIEVABLE HOW STUPID SOME PEOPLE ARE. IM ALSO CURIOUS IF THE KEY WAS IN IT OR NOT IF IT WAS STILL IN IT THAT MAKES IT EVEN WORSE ON HIS END.:hammerhead:

6. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

no one is going to come looking for revenge...

7. Thunderhead

Thunderhead LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't even read this thread yet. After I post, I'll go back and read...

HELL YES I'd be pressing charges and pressing them to the FULLEST EXTENT!!! Honestly, I can't believe that you're even considering NOT pressing charges. I do not understand that...

I think alot of people these days DON'T press charges- when they're able and SHOULD do so; and it's one reason our judicial system is ALL messed up!

You better believe I'd be pressing charges. I had a 7 month old $6000 4-wheeler that got stole from me one night back in 2003. It was gone a year and a half but i got it back. I had to keep paying my monthly note to keep from ruining my credit. Long story short, I never had the chance to press charges.
    I strongly have absolutely NO remorse what so ever for a thief. I think once they're caught, there should be a public hanging. And yes, I'd miss work JUST to see that bastard(s) hang and it doesn't matter to me if I know them or not! (Yes, this is EXACTLY 110% how I feel about it.)

WE MUST MAKE AN EXAMPLE OUT OF THESE PEOPLE.

I live in Livingston Parish, Louisiana. I like it here and been here all my life, but there is no justice system at all. Here, Everybody gets off "Scott" free, so to speak...

8. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

Your homeowner's policy didn't cover the 4 wheeler? I had a 4 wheeler and trailer stolen about 5 years ago and Farm Bureau covered it. However, it was listed as part of the farm equipment on our place. Not just personal use.

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

charge his ass!

10. Springmeadows

Springmeadows LawnSite Senior Member

You should press charges, but I realize it probably won't go anywhere legally. The laws are there but there's no real punishment anymore. I'm afraid I would have handled it much differently, and then I would be the one in jail. I hate a thief and probably would just taken the law in my own hands.