1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

caught man stealing my gravely HD 52!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by D&K Lawns, Feb 4, 2011.

1. djchiodo3

djchiodo3 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes. Do you have an open or enclosed trailer? Will you now change the way in which you haul your equipment? Will you lock up stuff when away from or out of site of trailer? I hear at least once a week of somebody in the lawn industry of having things stolen. I know one guy who carries a gun.

2. Showpropserv

Showpropserv LawnSite Member
    from mn

there just lucky there not in a country that removes body parts for such things and I mean machette to hand with no treatment sort of thing and hanging would be fine with me 2 there is something wrong when somebody can sue you for falling into your pool while running from the cops

3. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 LawnSite Senior Member

So he just waited for you to walk out of sight, and then tried to steal your mower? Was he high? Good grief........... stuff like this is depressing.

Press every charge that you and your attorney can dream up. This excuse for a human being deserves a lot more than he will get, I'm sure.

4. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

that is just nuts to me lol...i mean seriously...who steals a lawnmower?...people will do anything nowdays

5. Showpropserv

Showpropserv LawnSite Member
    from mn

^ prob saw someone of YT doing wheelys with one and wanted to try himself

6. Clark Griswold

Clark Griswold LawnSite Senior Member

Go ahead and charge him & just add to the long list he probably already has and the court & police probably know him well too!

Lock your stuff up!

7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Glad to see another Quick series fan !! It looks like you'll be left with a Quick 36" single and a Quick 44" Dually ... eventually you'll need to get a 36" Dually also.

:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

9. honeydopm

honeydopm LawnSite Senior Member

Should have taken the law in your own hands and gave him what he deserved.

10. chuacro

chuacro LawnSite Senior Member

Kid grabbed my blower and was running down the street towards a waiting car. I ran after him yelling like a crazy man. The kid looked back as he was running and raised his arm backwards towards me like he had a gun. I stopped in my tracks and called 911. 30 minutes later the policewoman finally arrived. I got my lecture about locking my equipment. All my equipment has locks when not in use. I told her I guess I could cable lock my blower to my waist. I will start the spring out with my new handgun carry permit. Heck yes I would press charges and make time to be in court. He only stole my blower but, who knows whose home he broke into the night before.