caught man stealing my gravely HD 52!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by D&K Lawns, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Thunderhead

Thunderhead LawnSite Senior Member

No, it didn't cover it. It was for personal use, not for farm use. Believe me, I had the red ***.

2. greydog4u2

greydog4u2 LawnSite Member

The way things are in the world. I would not turn my back on my equiment without locking it down!!!

3. D&K Lawns

D&K Lawns LawnSite Member

grey dog you are right. it was ignorant of me to leave it unsecured. I just got comfortable and believe me it won't happen again. I will once again be diligent in taking care of securing my equipment.

4. greydog4u2

How hard is it topull the ignition on a lawn tractor??

5. greydog4u2

Seems like home owners insurance should have coverd it?

6. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 LawnSite Senior Member

Apparently, it would not have mattered. Ole boy was PUSHING it down the road.....

7. greydog4u2

I agree! About twenty years ago ,My wife at the time witnessed one of our neibour`s houses being robbed, and did not want to say anything to the police, But I insisted, well we ended up in court and the punk thought it was a joke until he got his sentence!

8. sweetz

sweetz LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never really gotten the key thing on these mowers, they're all generic, you can BUY one at Home Depot for a couple of bucks.:confused:

9. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Many years ago, I bought a gun that was stolen, unbeknownst to me. I knew the kid I bought it from, said his grandpa gave it to him. I had no reason to believe otherwise.

Well, it was a small town, and this kid had stolen it from a guy who lived 2 miles away. Eventually, I heard someone talking about it, and called the Sheriff's office and told them I might have a stolen gun.

Long story short. I had to go to court to testify. The owner got his rifle back. I lost the money I paid for the gun, $100 if I remember correctly, which in the 70's, was quite a bit of money, and the kid got a slap on the wrist and joined the Army, so he didn't even have to pay a fine. I told the judge that I thought I should be reimbursed for the loss, but he never even mentioned it in his ruling, so I was the only one that really got screwed, and did absolutely nothing wrong. So much for the justice system when it comes to property theft.

10. Thunderhead

Thunderhead LawnSite Senior Member

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE.:realmad: