Caught up talkin' prices!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,
    I have a few questions regarding what I should pay for a few items from my dealer. How much should I be paying for the following items?

1. Shindaiwa 3lb spool of green colored line.

2. Shindaiwa Hedge Trimmer retailing for $426.00

Also, I bought a 48 pack of 6.4 oz 2 cycle oil for $60.00 back in February. Is this a good price? Where is a good place to buy blades for a 52" hustler mini z or is thee one? I'm paying like $15.?? per blade.

My dealer also has some 1lb spools of oregon string. What model of oregon string do you guys recommend and how much should be paid for a 3lb spool?

Thanks for any info and to all a good night.

-Nick Howard
  2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I paid $21 for a 3 lb spool of .095 square trimmer line. Opti oil is $1.50 for a 2 gallon packet or $5.95 for a 10 gallon bottle, to make 2 and 10 gallons that is.
    My Bob-Cat blades are about $10 each.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Paying 6 bucks a quart for oil is just crazy. I don't care HOW handy the "litle containers" are.

DAVEY PROS LawnSite Member

Have a redmaz 2600s strato charged and use redmax string. $15 for a one lb. A little expensive but i love it. .095 and very durable. only whish the trimmer head held more.

And as for the oil to me it seems that that $60 for 48 bottles of oil is a little too expensive. I buy packs of 12 2.6 ounce bottles for $16
  5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I get 2 cycle oil by the 5 gal bucket .... like $85 ..... n get the 5lb spools of orgeon fore like $45 .... get the blades in bulk at JThomas like $ 10 @ hi-lifts or gators
  6. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

exactly. have a couple of those on the truck for emergency if you need to but otherwise buy by the 5 gallon and buy the pump for $25 at discount auto.

for $100 you have oil for a long time
  7. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

another thing that works good. Grab an old pill bottle, or something similar, and pour one of the premeasured bottles into the old bottle. Mark how much oil was premeasured and then buy a 1 Gallon of 2 cycle and just use the old bottle as a measuring cup.