1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice
  1. snow

snow Banned

Well, i just got home from getting my learners permit. I drove a little tonite, and will be driving regularlly on the road now. All i need is a truck to drive :). Watch out if u live near NY or CT because i'm nutss!!!!!, i'm just joking. I'm a good driver and happy i finally got my permit.
    now just about that truck.

2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Well all my trucks are north of boston, so I guess I am safe.

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Guess its time to upgrade my truck insurance,and wear a helmet.LOL-congratulations Bryan.
  4. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

If I remember right from my truck-driving days, I'm about 12 hours away - guess I'm safe! :D

Seriously, congratulations Bryan - it's a big first step. Get as much behind-the-wheel time as you can, and watch out 'cause a lot of the drivers out there ARE nuts!
  5. Deere John

Deere John LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats Bryan - you'll do well in your driving career because, unlike most drivers, you're just itching to drive in the worst weather possible, and love and respect every minute of it.
    That makes you safer than 99% of the drivers out there.

Bon chance.
  6. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm safe too north of boston. Bryan congrats ! now you just need that 350 diesel with the plow set up for net year and you will be all set.But don't forget to put your light bar on it.
  7. snow

snow Banned

I drove to school this morning and did well, didn't go to fast, passed someone. Tonite i'm picking up a friend to go to a carnival (with my mom riding shotgun of course). All my friends are jealous :)

cat320- i'm working on getting that 350 if the owner would come one day. I've ditched the idea of a lightbar and will have 10 strobes, for an undercover strobe package.
  8. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

Bryan the hidaways are great but nothing looks better than a light bar .I'm going to put them in my truck this summer .then I will have 8 on the bar and four at all my corners.I talked to one guy at the truck show one year and he said that he had 14 in his whelen bar on his wrecker.
  9. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Seriously though... don't let the car get the best of you. Pay close attention to what you're doing, and expect everyone to hit you.

10. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

Bryan, the rmv told you the permit was for a car not for an x-mark. Congrats!!! I know now to stay off the side walks. lol