cavalcade

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by scottb113, Oct 17, 2005.

1. scottb113

scottb113 LawnSite Member

i did a search and so far no one has talked about it but I was hoping someone has had some experience with cavalcade-pre emergent--just like your thoughts on effectiveness for a long term solution and what plants it seems effective and not effective on.

thanks scottb113@yahoo.com

2. kcchiefs58

kcchiefs58 LawnSite Member

I am a firm believer in barricade and have used it for about 7 years now, but i was talked in to using some calvalcade this year. Cheaper price, same rate, no problems...i will use it next year...one thing we liked better is it went into solution better than barricade (talking about the 65 wg).... controls crabgrass, spurge, which is the target weeds we go after..i would recommend it to any lawn service

3. Rebs

Rebs LawnSite Member

Hey Chief,

Where did you get it? I have asked a couple of suppliers, and they said as of now they are not going to carry it. Also, what was the cost?

Thanks for the info!

4. LawnJohn

LawnJohn LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

You can get it several places.. Cavalcade is the same as "Stonewall" (Lesco) or Regalkade (regal chemicals)

All of which are produced and contracted out by AdvanLLC. To find the distributors in your area, check the company's website.

www.advanllc.com/products/herbicides.html

LJ

5. scottb113

thanks for the info. one other question--you may know or not -does the cavalcade work in an ultra low volume applicator like the perma green--i know i can call them but I just thought you might have an answer.
    thanks

6. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

According to the label, you can apply prodiamine (Barricade, Caviclade, Regalcade, etc.) in as little as .5 gal. per k, but personally I think you would be better off applying a granular Stonewall through your P.G. and using the tank for broad leaf. At .5 gal, you will leave allot of product on the leaf blades, so if you do spray make sure that whoever cuts it does not bag clippings unless it is throughly watered in first. The only difference that I noticed between Barricade and Caviclade (other than the lower price) is that the Caviclade was a little more dusty when being poured from the jug into the tank, but all things considered I plan on using it again next year.

7. Rebs

Rebs LawnSite Member

Cemars, what kind of price have you been getting for the Cavalcade?

Thanks

8. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased 400 lbs of 65DG on an early order program and paid under $30.00 per lb. I believe the name of the company was Frick Services or something similar out of the Midwest.

9. scottb113

thanks to all for the valuable info

10. kcchiefs58

kcchiefs58 LawnSite Member

That's good to know..I also paid just under $30 lb and went through a local dealer from utah