Cclc 2012

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Kkane97, May 8, 2012.

1. Kkane97

Kkane97 LawnSite Senior Member

Which pit do you mean haha? the one with the tarp has been excavated, leveled, and tamped,

2. SSmith

SSmith Banned

This pit here. Dear lord....looks like a homeowner special.

3. Kkane97

Oh sorry haha, ive been up since 4 and on the schoolbus now haha :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. CntrlSealing&PropertyCare

CntrlSealing&PropertyCare LawnSite Member

5. Kkane97

I got 2 calls today during school, I forgot to put it on silent, oops! But both of them led to 2 new accounts. I have always envied THEGOLDPRO's AMAZING lawns and one of the newer accounts has the better end of grass that I mow. So I double cut it! Wow what a difference! Below you can see the first and second cuts as marked

IMG_20120509_154132.jpg

6. CntrlSealing&PropertyCare

CntrlSealing&PropertyCare LawnSite Member

Looks pretty good. Try putting a striping kit on your mower if you want them really vivid, you will find that double cutting will slow you way down once you get more accounts. Also you are doing twice the work, just a thought.

7. Kkane97

thanks i had a homemade striper on it, but it broje haha, I thought about time consumption, but while I was mowing 2 people came over to me and asked for a business card, just goes to show how a little extra can go so far haha
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

lol thanks man. Keep up the hard work and you will turn out some nice looking lawns too.
    It will slow you down alittle but its still worth it if you want to set your self apart from the 40,000 other landscapers in your area. We mow close to 100 accounts and double cut them all.

9. Kkane97

Thats exactly what I figured, I love mowing its relaxing too haha. My earmuffs have speakers in them so I can just relax abd mow so that little bit of extra mowing time doesnt really bother me, just the gas money but thats only 3 bucks a single cut 1/3 acre like most of mine haha
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

i hope you dont mow the yard with the pit....you will hate yourself after not putting a metal edge, and gravel gets everywhere in the grass.