1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cedar Cleaning with a Soft Wash Process

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by Sullivan Roof Cleaning, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Sullivan Roof Cleaning

Sullivan Roof Cleaning LawnSite Member

95% of our roof cleaning service is cedar. I get calls from all over the country about the process we use to clean cedar. Many will debate which is the proper or most affect way to clean cedar. We have developed our own cleaning solution and use the same soft wash equipment as anyother roof cleaner i.e. I use the bandit setup from pressure tek, though I have tweaked it to fit myself. The solution/mix I developed through much trail and error. We rinse with garden hose pressure, though I have a 40 psi booster pump because some homes have very low water pressure. We do not strip, stain or seal. The picture below is the result we get using this process, we did the roof and siding. We clean 100's of these a year, most take a day to complete and the cost to the home owner is about one thrid that of the step process cedar cleaning.

Jon Garage Back Before & After.jpg

2. Roof Cleaning Virginia

Roof Cleaning Virginia LawnSite Member

Great results as always Bruce.

3. Cleantheroof

Cleantheroof LawnSite Member

Great before and after picture Bruce!

4. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

I have a cedar house, and i pressure wash it about every 5 years, but I have to reseal it every time. even on the lowest setting it strips it.

5. Dykstra Services

Dykstra Services LawnSite Member

Great looking before and after pics, I too do many cedar roofs up here in Michigan. They look great when they are cleaned. Homeowners are always amazed at the difference.

Here are some pics of one that we did.

029.jpg

030.jpg

019-001.jpg

c22.jpg

6. lkendall

lkendall LawnSite Member

thats great looking roof cleaning, I have wathced your videos on Youtube and I saw you put your hand under the spray and I was like wait what, then I had to go back to the part where you said you make your own mix as compared to our asphalt cleaning mix. We don't get any cedar roof down my way but, Awesome work!