Cedar Lodge Farms photo/video thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by farmerknowsbest, Apr 6, 2009.

1. oakhillslandscaping

oakhillslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

YIKEs! but ive seen worse aphid infestation then that in my old green house best solution is lady bugs or veggie or olive oil

2. farmerknowsbest

farmerknowsbest LawnSite Senior Member

I bet you have, seems in a green house you only deal in extremes!

In the field, the economic thresh hold for spraying soybean aphids is 250/plant. As you can see there were over 100 on each trifoliate. Over 1000/plant. Definitely needed to be sprayed.

I've heard that regular dish soap and water works quite well for household plants as well.

Warren

3. farmerknowsbest

Oh hi there,

We've been looking for a long time and finally found one that meets and exceeds our needs.

It is a 1994 Metacor Int 50ton tri-axle hydraulic detachable neck float. Air ride with 60" spread and a rear axle lift. The deck is 24ft long with full outriggers along the outsides. Also this is a NON ground bearing float. This was very important for us.

The trailer was re-painted before we were able to look at it. This made dad and I rather nervous so we took it in for a safety to see what it needs. Coincidentally nothing. All brakes work, all tires pass. The frame is in excellent shape. Only needs one marker light. It pulls very well on the road and actually turns tighter than we though for a 53ft trailer.

It will be nice to be able to move the hoe and dozer by ourselves. Also this trailer will be set up with a 3000 and 2500 gal water tanks as well as the fill equipment for the sprayer. That full plus the sprayer is about 400ac on a single fill. I don't get very many days that are bigger than that so it will work quite well.

Any questions just ask.

Warren

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

is that yalls autocar?

5. farmerknowsbest

Yes it is Junior.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That's a great looking trailer, I hate the rims/axle mounts, but whatever.
    There are some steals here in BC on 50 ton low beds, if you don't mind paying more for cartage.

7. farmerknowsbest

Yea I agree about the rims. The whole rear end of the trailer doesn't look that good. Oh well, beats the float we had before...cough...none. :D

Define a steal. I think we got a pretty good deal on this trailer. Plus it was only 30km away so that's a big plus.

Warren

8. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

You will have to watch where you go as far as humps in the road or fields,it sets low,low too the ground.

You need to be low ,but yours looks overly low to me.What year is the lowboy ,by the rims(dayton ?????) it must have some age.

Good luck

9. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah they set them low here too, our driver keeps his about 4-6" off the ground when he drives.

I will always remember oneday, he pulled out of a development loaded and the trailer bottomed out on the road. The truck came to immediate stop and the truck got stuck! Had to get out and raise the trailer.

10. farmerknowsbest

Well in several of the photos there is no air supplied to the trailer, so that would contribute some to how low it sits. When everything is inflated it is about 6" of clearance. You can also lift the entire deck another 8-10 inches with the neck to get out of a sticky situation.