Cedar Lodge Farms photo/video thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by farmerknowsbest, Apr 6, 2009.

1. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

I forgot how awesome that autocar is. Looks like you had some fun cleaning up the ditches. The excavator rake still working good for you?

2. farmerknowsbest

farmerknowsbest LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, the truck grows on me as time goes on. I thought it was kinda ugly at first.

I really like that rake. Works very well and has proven to be a good design. Wish the teeth were about 2 inches further spaced apart. 10 inch centers can be an issue when it gets wet.

Warren

3. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

Love the farm pics, it us refreshing. Did you ever get the rake for the dozer finished? Never saw completed pics of it - probably just missed it though.

4. farmerknowsbest

Thanks for the comment.

Yes the rake is finished. Still needs some tinkering. I want to weld shanks and put rock teeth on the tips angled forward at about a 45 to give a bit more depth and get the "rolling" action going easier.

Warren

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. flairland

Thats quite the mean looking machine. Havent done too much dozing, but I love doing it. Whats your position on the farm?

6. farmerknowsbest

Position? Farms don't really have positions. I guess I would be considered a foreman.

Warren

7. flairland

Ok sorry, not what I meant. What are you paid to be there for? What do you do on a typical day?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. farmerknowsbest

Ugh, think of any job conceivable to be done on a cash crop beef feedlot farm and I do it.

Today I fed cattle, put corn up, loaded trucks, fixed a motor, went and bought 3 belts, fixed a semi, bed down a barn and supervised the rest of the guys. Yesterday I was at a conference all day. The day before I ran an excavator and loaded trucks with corn. Different every day.

Warren

9. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you get something different every day. Sure must never get boring, always something to do sounds like.

10. farmerknowsbest

Hi there,

Got the November photoblog done tonight. Lots of mud, wet corn and steam to be seen.

Any questions and comments are welcome and encouraged.

http://www.cedarlodgefarms.com/november09.html

Warren

Here are a few teasers to get you to click the link.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010