Cedar Lodge Farms photo/video thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by farmerknowsbest, Apr 6, 2009.

1. farmerknowsbest

farmerknowsbest LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, we did the math on it, and with the price of land, being able to do the job when the conditions are right instead of when the contractor can come and having the option to do projects yourself that you wouldn't consider before is great. We have about 500ac to clear that will give us excellent land. There is more than that even with more marginal land. You start talking areas that big and it is pretty easy to make the machinery pay we feel.

Not only that, but when we go to buy or rent farms in the future, it opens up a lot of land that perhaps might have been passed on due to field size etc. A lot of farmers around here have excavators to make renting cheaper. For say 40$/ac less on rent a certain dollar value of land improvement has to be done and it is possible if you have your own equipment.

Warren

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I can see it from your point but I would love to have customers that you could sit down and plan with. I know I could give them better rates and come up with solutions and they could spend time doing what they do. It is crazy here how chopped up the fields are, or a nice field with a tree and two rock piles in the middle.

3. farmerknowsbest

That's exactly it. As equipment gets bigger so do the fields need to. We are considering upgrading to a 24 row corn planter (60ft wide) and the small fields just don't cut it anymore. I'd much rather have the small fields being 20ac and the big fields several hundred acres. Everything is much more efficient that way.

Warren

4. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

If this is the same Farmerknowsbest from Triple T. Please don't feed these guys your words of almighty farming god wisdom as you do over there. It is why some of the members have quit posting, afraid of getting bashed by your "Godly like Knowledge" of all Tractor and Combine brands and your "humble 3000 acres.

5. farmerknowsbest

Thanks for coming out Garrett. Always nice to hear from a fan. I appreciate your reply.

Warren

6. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

This place can eat it's young so shouldn't worry to much.:)

7. farmerknowsbest

Thanks for the tip, though I'm not overly worried about the ramblings of Mr. Frerker.

Warren

8. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

You got that right, now lets see some more Case, I need something to make fun of.. :laugh:

You got a nice place, could you get some more pics of that bi-directional tractor, I've only been able to look at one and I was pretty young, so I dont remember much..

9. farmerknowsbest

Have a look around the website, there are plenty more photos of all our equipment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To see more of the excavator have a look at these 2 links.

http://www.cedarlodgefarms.com/july08.html

http://www.cedarlodgefarms.com/september08.html

Warren

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

The bi-directional Ford's are dinosaurs here, I have yet to see one even in hillbilly prairie (Chilliwack) and Ford/New Holland has some major representation there.