Cedar Lodge Farms photo/video thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by farmerknowsbest, Apr 6, 2009.

1. DeereMan85

DeereMan85 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I am using a calculator that Deere provides to dealers. It does not specify how much hydraulic demand is attributed to each feature, I just enter them and it gives me a total. It is usually pretty accurate, maybe runs a couple gallons high in some cases. You can probably get by with your setup just fine for a year. I don't mean to scare you, I just think you would be doing yourself a favor to have a backup plan in place in the event it doesn't work as well as you thought.

2. farmerknowsbest

farmerknowsbest LawnSite Senior Member

I take it you are either a Deere salesman or a mechanic or something like that. Can you explain power beyond to me. Have never used it but will more then likely have to run the variable rate drives off it for the planter. I just don't understand how it works.

Warren

3. farmerknowsbest

I take it you are either a Deere salesman or a mechanic or something like that. Can you explain power beyond to me. Have never used it but will more then likely have to run the variable rate drives off it for the planter. I just don't understand how it works.

Warren

4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen LawnSite Member

Warren, you didn't happen to buy your new to you planter from JD Equipment in Wilmington did you?

5. farmerknowsbest

Small world isn't it? Went to their flagship dealership in London first and they sent us to Willmington to see this machine. Glad we did. Very impressive dealership in London!!!

Warren

6. farmerknowsbest

Well I'll sleep better at night now. 8200 is getting a 42gpm pump installed this week. Has plenty of hydraulic flow to run the planter for a few years anyway.

Warren

7. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

Will that be enough to run everything or will you still need the pto pump too? PTO pumps are a pain, but with a long job like planting won't be so bad. Back in the 90's my dad bought a hydraulic batwing mower because he was tired of screwing around with the giant CV joints. Had to take a bunch of stuff off the back of the tractor, clean out the bolt holes and bolt the pump, sometimes just to mow 20 acres:hammerhead:. Went back to 2715 and aside from the CV joint that wants to eat my fingers, it's much better.

8. farmerknowsbest

HAHA, a pto pump would be easier to hook up than the extra 5 hoses that it is replacing. :) Yes, the Montag and Precision down force compressor are going to be plumbed into the pto pump. The tractor with 42gpm will be laughing with the planter. However, all 3 remotes plus power beyond plus the pto pump will be needed.

We don't tend to hook and unhook equipment regularly during the season. Each tractor has its job and that is what it is hooked too until planting is done.

Warren

9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

pics!! we need more pics. yall run one hell of an operation!

10. farmerknowsbest

HAHA. Yea, I know, but winter time is so boring! LOL. I got some photos of hauling grain, but only a few. I'll start taking photos again this coming month as things warm up and we get ready for the crazy time (spring)

Warren