Cedar Lodge Farms photo/video thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by farmerknowsbest, Apr 6, 2009.

1. PonyExpress94

PonyExpress94 LawnSite Member

GOOD GRIEF!!! This setup just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Now I'm really starting to understand your plan for a bigger tractor in the near future. Thanks for sharing the pictures and information, it sure is a lot of fun watching you set the new equipment up!

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I'm finally wrapping my brain about the mods you are doing to the planter.

So, are the airbags and compressor for changing the down-pressure on the planter units on the fly?

If that's the case, that's a sweet setup. I remember some aftermarket springs we installed years ago, and to change them we had to manually do it.

3. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice, whats the frame on the dual axle trailer that says systems one for? Is that part of the montag?

4. farmerknowsbest

farmerknowsbest LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, the Airforce compressor will automatically control the pressure in the air bags so maintain a constant seeding depth and prevent excessive down pressure. If you have light soil in the middle of a field of heavy clay. You will need drastically different air pressures going from soil type to soil type. The idea is to keep about 60lbs of force on the depth wheels plus a little extra called Margin to compensate for compaction areas.

Warren

5. farmerknowsbest

That is a yetter seed tender. You put the proboxes of bulk corn seed on top and they empty into a blower system that has a 40ft flex hose on it with a cyclone at the end. It blows the seed into the large CCS hoppers. Should be moving about 100bags of seed in 15 minutes.

Warren

6. farmerknowsbest

Started assembling the Montag today.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Modified the hitch slightly
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hooked it up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Installed the scale bars
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Went on surprisingly easy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My god it is high!
    [​IMG]

stainless screens to prevent clumps
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

84ft from the front of the weight wrack to the back of the cart
    [​IMG]

Got a couple openers on too
    [​IMG]

Warren

7. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

Thats an awesom setup. So the montag cart carries your fertilizer and the Dawn openers inject it?

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Jeebus that's a long load, hope you don't have any sharp corners to turn!

9. farmerknowsbest

That is correct. There are 24 meters on the Montag that send fertlizer through 24 hoses to each individual row. It is the most accurate air cart for fertilizer on the market because of the one row one meter design.

Warren

10. farmerknowsbest

Keep in mind that cart steers to track the planter perfectly. So while it is over 20ft long, it does not add any extra turning width beyond what the planter requires.

Warren