Cedar Lodge Farms photo/video thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by farmerknowsbest, Apr 6, 2009.

1. PROPERTYLAWNSERVICELLC

PROPERTYLAWNSERVICELLC LawnSite Gold Member

2. farmerknowsbest

farmerknowsbest LawnSite Senior Member

Started planning how we'd route the hoses so they wouldn't pinch when folding. Was nice to get an idea of what it will look like in the field.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Should take a good bite out of the field each pass!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8200 on its way to Greentech
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wrecked tire from the guy in Alberta on top of the new one he is getting a bill for.
    [​IMG]

Designed and built a spire to support the hose bundle and hold it above the CCS hopper
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Painting
    [​IMG]

Fixed the blower on the 1990CCS. Still don't know what was wrong, but after taking apart the valve and putting it back together it is working again. Contamination?
    [​IMG]

New tire installed
    [​IMG]

Built the hose tower inbetween the hoppers. This will force the hose bundles to take the shape I want in both folded and unfolded positions
    [​IMG]

Another inch of rain tonight. I don't expect we'll be in the fields before May anymore.

Warren

3. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

What happened to the tire on the cart that you had to replace it?

4. farmerknowsbest

More progress made.

Wanted to find out how sharp it turns. Answer, very!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The whole cart is actually beside the planter. Really strange to see the wheels so sharply turned but the fertilizer hopper facing towards the tractor
    [​IMG]

To my astonishment I could unfold the planter there without being on the lawn. Don't ask me how close to the fence it is though. HAHA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hate having to redo things, but sometimes it is necessary. The PVC pipe idea didn't work. It worked well until the Dawn openers were put on. I didn't take into account how far ahead the bolts would sit. They were going to break the pipe. So we welded on some 2*3 square tubing for the hoses and one for the wiring harnesses.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the last few days we've got the roll tarp installed on this wagon.
    [​IMG]

The pto pump plumbed and working. The Montag goes but there is something not right with the compressor, Precision is working on it
    [​IMG]

Seed tender is set up and ready to roll
    [​IMG]

Box on the front is to hold a pallet of seed or loose bags
    [​IMG]

Air seeder is ready to go
    [​IMG]

Long way to go yet but it is getting there. I hope to get all the 24 fert hoses on tomorrow
    [​IMG]

Warren

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I'd hate to have to back that thing up.

6. farmerknowsbest

Went for a spin in the field. I took the 1990CCS up and down the field with the openers in the ground and it didn't actually go that bad if you avoided the muddy spots. LOL. Maybe someone could have got some wheat in but that is about it.
    [​IMG]

All 24 3004's were tore apart and turned into 3005's. Actually got pretty good at doing it by the 24th one. They are freaking heavy though!
    [​IMG]

Ready for the rain
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We bought a straight truck today. 1992 International 4700. 9k fronts, 18k rears. 8ft wide by 18ft box. Roll up door. 5LL tranny? Is that a thing? Two ranges, 5 gears in each. Runs great, shifts great and anyone with a full G license can drive it. 162000km on it.
    [​IMG]

In the back we are putting a 1350gal tank for 6-24-6 as well as through some bags of seed in. It will pull our trailer with Yetter seed tender on it.

[​IMG]

Hoses are all on. Still need to be organized a bit but our system worked well
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those are so heavy! Look great though
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still have the air dumps to add but this is roughly what each row unit will look like. A lot going on in a small spot!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Out of 1000ft of hose that is all we have left
    [​IMG]

Going to tidy those hoses up a bit to give another few inches for filling
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still very wet here. Got an inch of rain last night in about 10 minutes, and there is supposed to be another thunderstorm tonight. Seems to be a good clearing coming. Hopefully get rolling by the end of next week full speed.

Warren

7. anthonyp

anthonyp LawnSite Member

That sure is an impressive rig, and you are an impressive fellow...Good luck with the weather...Tony

8. anthonyp

anthonyp LawnSite Member

Wonder how you are doing? Tony

9. farmerknowsbest

This story started 3 years ago. In this thread

http://www.toytractortimes.com/messageboard/topic.html?id=29975#273929

15ft culvert to widen this driveway
    [​IMG]

Crawled down into the gully to clean out the bottom
    [​IMG]

Tight fit, but I got it in...that's what she said. HAHAHAHAHA
    [​IMG]

Leveled a bit off to climb up on and start swinging blocks
    [​IMG]

Dug out the soil to the clay
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Packed it as I went
    [​IMG]

Yes I know the track is lose, need to repack the tensioner
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20ft wide now. Will be much less terrifying with the combine now. Need one load of gravel and will be able to get semis into the field now to turn around
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New hay rack
    [​IMG]

New hay wagon as well
    [​IMG]

Going to bale the last field of first cut tomorrow
    [​IMG]

Warren

10. anthonyp

anthonyp LawnSite Member

Hi Warren
    Aren`t you leaving out a few chapters?? Like what happened to the planter? etc....Tony