Cedar Lodge Farms photo/video thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by farmerknowsbest, Apr 6, 2009.

1. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I'm impressed by the equipment and the electronics. Looks like you've had a lot of rain up there. Wish some of that would move south! I don't think I've seen anything that green in a LONG time!
    Cool pics. I imagine that clean up work is a good break from the precise work of spraying and tending to the corn.

2. farmerknowsbest

farmerknowsbest LawnSite Senior Member

Hi there,

Finally picked up a second grain trailer to further replace tractors and wagons for hauling wet grain off the fields. The practice is very dangerous and trucks are a much better fit for us with our land base sprawling over about 50km.

The new to us trailer is a 40/43 quad axle end dump with 62" sidewalls. We had three grain doors added to the rear for fast unloading and cleanout, as well as a man door to the front of the trailer to easily access the box for sweeping. This trailer has performed extremely well during soybean harvest and I look forward to how it will change corn harvest for us. 1.5 people were able to harvest soybeans, this year, where in the past 4 or 5 were needed. Talk about savings!

Warren

Headed out on the 401 west bound for the 250km trip
    [​IMG]

All aluminum rims, all air ride, and an air tailgate
    [​IMG]

They make a nice pair
    [​IMG]

Lazy mans door
    [​IMG]

Aired up and ready to go
    [​IMG]

over 2000lbs difference between the two trailers. Aluminum makes a big difference
    [​IMG]

Dealership told the truth, no leaks
    [​IMG]

First load a great success
    [​IMG]

Our fleet for this fall
    [​IMG]
    Warren

3. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good! Where abouts was the dealer you got it from?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. farmerknowsbest

farmerknowsbest LawnSite Senior Member

Right from Custom trailers in Brighton. They're factory is right behind the big apple along the 401.

Warren

5. IXINRGIXI

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

this is a very cool tread guy love the operation your runnning