Cedar Lodge Farms photo/video thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by farmerknowsbest, Apr 6, 2009.

1. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I like that rake on the X. Nice Red tractors.Thumbs Up

2. Votum Gardens LLC

Votum Gardens LLC LawnSite Member

From TTT usually on the Real Toy Talk forums. Remember when my wife wanted everybodys opinion on whether she should disc a field with my 5240 or my 1206? Don't get to go there that often anymore, to busy running the farm and nursery divisions of the business.

3. farmerknowsbest

farmerknowsbest LawnSite Senior Member

OHHHHHHH, riiiiiiiight. Yes yes yes. Well it is nice to hear from you again.

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

very cool pics!!!

5. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

looks like a lot of hard work and a lot of maintenance! Thanks for the pics. Lots of nice looking iron. I always liked the D5m. I used to rent one and I did a lot of road work with it.

6. farmerknowsbest

It is getting dry and the going has been good, too bad I have to go back to Montreal and do school work again. Oh well.

Got the first load of fertilizer today
    [​IMG]

The excavator got the first fuel out of the new tanks today. Got them wired up this morning.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is a bit of a hollow in the fenceline that I'm going to fill with stones to bring it up to grade.
    [​IMG]

Got the dry parts of the fence line raked. Then stripped an area of top soil to dig the hole for all the stones I've separated.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apparently there is about 4ft of blue crushed stone about 4 ft down. It isn't clean, but it is certainly a highly compatible base for a driveway or building!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

For some reason I always have to climb down in the hole
    [​IMG]

And up the pile. :D
    [​IMG]

Got the dump truck out to the field and began loading out the stones
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Went pretty quick, got 3 loads off the 500ft of fence line. I really need a skeleton bucket for this, don't really like using the rake. Talked to our local bucket manufacturer today about building a 60" skeleton bucket for us.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pulled the stones down into the hole
    [​IMG]

Came within 1ft of my goal for the hole. I wanted the highest stone to be 4ft below grade and it is 5ft. Reason for 4ft is so that when we tile the fenceline there will be no worry of either getting caught on the stones or pulling them up again.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

All done, time to go home
    [​IMG]

7. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

How many hours do put on the excavator a year? People don't want the rocks?

8. farmerknowsbest

Don't know, haven't owned it a full year yet. :D In the 1/3rd of a year we ran it last year we did almost 200hours. Since we are coming up on our busy season, it will get minimal use in the month of May and early June (planting the crops and tending to them). However, from mid June to September weather permitting both the X and blade will be running every day. September on we are getting busy again harvesting. Winter I think will be hit and miss depending on what conditions in the bush are like.

No there is no market for stones here. Plus, by burying them it is going to fill in that hollow and we won't have drainage problems in the future.

Warren

9. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Warren, "stones" that size are rocks, some maybe boulders.:laugh:

10. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey, you missed one, that big powertan colored rock, shoulda buried that one to.. :laugh: