Cedar Lodge Farms photo/video thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by farmerknowsbest, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Whats the word with the dozer?

2. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Looking good Warren. Now its time for a fire!

I hear you on sitting in the machine, about 3-4 solid hours is the longest I can stay in the machine without at least getting out and standing on the track. you legs go numb!

3. farmerknowsbest

farmerknowsbest LawnSite Senior Member

Well we've been told oh next week 3 times now. So I gave up on talking to the owner, so I asked his wife...apparently she is the boss. HAHA. She said yea my husband doesn't do the scheduling I do. So she said next week so I think it will be done next week. Which is good, I'm getting impatient. Of course next week I won't have any time to do anything with it as we will be planting acre after acre of corn. Oh well.

Warren

4. farmerknowsbest

No time now, probably in a month when the cropping season is over. Or if we get a rainy patch where it is too wet to crop but dry enough to get to the piles.

We'll see. I'd love to set some of these things on fire and sit back and watch. Fire is really beautiful.

Warren

5. Junior M

I can sit in a machine till my back hurts, which gets shorter as the day goes on, I do like to stop and atleast look at what I've done every once and a while and see where I can improve and think about what I am doing and how I am doing it, kind of keeping a game plan in mind, you seem to get in more of a mess with no plan than to get going with a plan and it not work out..

But it seems like yall just have short attention spans.. :drinkup: :laugh: We know Chris does, he's from the south! :laugh:

6. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I can look at all the work i've done from the cab, I risk maxing a flip flop out if I get out and the muds over 1/2" deep, that could be a disaster.

yeah I lack the attention span sometimes, but as long as it looks like l'm getting work done I'm good:laugh:

7. Junior M

I dont usually get out and walk around, usually just stand on the track or bucket, or most the time I get out of a machine from sitting down to go sit down on the track? ;)

You risk maxing out a flipflop in dry dirt! :laugh:

When are you going to get back in the mud? I am tired of all this unstuck machine crap!

8. farmerknowsbest

Hi there,

Well it rained almost 2 inches (lots of hail too!!!) over the weekend so we won't be moving for a day or two but spite all that we are half done planting corn in South Eastern Ontario.

Questions and comments welcome.

If you haven't already, please bookmark our site and check back often.

Thanks

Warren

http://www.cedarlodgefarms.com/may09.html

9. farmerknowsbest

Hi there,

Was delivered today. Really wish we could plant, but it is so freaking wet there is no hope. Haven't planted, except for 40ac today, in 8 days.

Warren

The new team
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lifts pretty high
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 way blade doing its thing
    [​IMG]

With the blade up you can't see a great deal out the front.
    [​IMG]

The mounts. 2 pins hold the rake onto the blade. This allows it to pivot and the blade can still be used to "back blade"
    [​IMG]

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, that's some serious weight up front now, make sure you use the best grease you can on the PAT pins!