1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cedar Ridge's Water Features

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Twitchy, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Twitchy

Twitchy LawnSite Senior Member

It's a rainy day, and i have nothing to do, so i'll start a water feature thread. I'll start w/ my first ever install. This pondless is 5 yrs old, and still runs everyday w/ the original pump. I strictly use Auqascape products everytime w/out any problems. Mostly all of my water feature are built using moss rock. The last pic was taken about 2yrs ago. Enjoy.

Mike

landscape 013.jpg

landscape 032.jpg

landscape 010.jpg

landscape 018.jpg

11 Millbrook pool patio (before) 013.jpg

2. Twitchy

Some pool waterfalls that i've built.

29 Long Arce Backyard  finished ( june 08) 041.jpg

29 Long Arce Backyard  finished ( june 08) 013 1.jpg

57 stonehurst complete 001 1.jpg

57 stonehurst complete 002 1.jpg

57 stonehurst final 003 1.jpg

3. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

Very Nice looking falls

4. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

really like the work esp the stone placement and plant selection real natural

5. Twitchy

Thanks sicnj, making it look natural is the hardest part. I hand pick a lot of my rock from different sources, so i know what pieces i need (especially the spill stones). I kinda put the waterfall together in my head as i pick through piles of rock.

6. Twitchy

Thanks for checking out my thread pitrack.

7. csl

csl LawnSite Member

you didnt do those pavers around the pool did you???

8. Twitchy

If you're talking about the 1st set of pics. I didn't, that is the original pool patio (about 18yrs old). The newer pool patio pics were done by me (Unilock Brussells, Cambridge tumbled)

9. csl

csl LawnSite Member

yeah i was talking about the first pics, sorry should of made that clear. how did you do your base under the uni-lock??? i have another pool we are doing in the spring, and we have about 2000 feet of pavers to do around it. i was going to do like we do in the past and pour a concrete reinforced pad, 1" of sand, then pavers. just getting more input.

10. Twitchy

I've done the reinforced concrete before with new and old pools, but by the customer's request. I personally like installing on RCA (3/4 blend). If the base is done right it shouldn't settle. 9 inches of blend is under the unilock patio, and 3/4 inch sand.