1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Celcius and manor. Issues?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Georgia Lawn Works LLC, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Georgia Lawn Works LLC

Georgia Lawn Works LLC LawnSite Senior Member

When used together are there any issues? I don't think I would notice any now since everything is dormant but just curious.

Need the manor on some properties for Bahia.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

dont want to use manor on bahia....

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Manor will sure smoke Bahia but then maybe that is what he wants to do.

4. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i hope so ric bc thats what he'll get thats for sure..

5. Georgia Lawn Works LLC

Georgia Lawn Works LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I actually do. But it's to get rid of it. I mean to say bremuda. I'm trying to get rid of some Bahia on some of our bremuda properties. Just wondering if there are any issues mixing the two when needed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

I have used Manor and Celsius in the same application for control of broadleaf/grassy weeds. The effect of the two is multiplicative. 2+2 might equal 5 on both weeds and desirable grasses. In dormant grass, that is less of an issue.

7. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Just wondering what you are trying to eliminate besides the bahia that requires both? I might want to use this combo. At what rates do you use when both are applied together?

GD, care to chime in?

8. greendoctor

I use a Celsius+Manor mix when there are both grassy and broadleaf weeds to remove. Celsius is not particularly strong on spurges and certain leguminous weeds. 1/2 oz Manor and 3 oz Celsius are the rates I use.

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Can we assume that is your acre rate since you didn't list the area????

Manor is one Oz on an acre of St Augustine and Celsius is 4.9 Oz per acre. 1/2 oz of Manor and 3 Oz Celsius is half rate on each which together should be very strong.

I have used both on a regular bases but never together.

10. greendoctor

Yes it is by acre, not by gallon. :eek: Celsius by itself is rather damaging to paspalum spp, used with Manor, the effect should be magnified. I have never used a full ounce of Manor. My proximity to desirable trees and shrubs makes me hesitant to do so.