Celcius for bahaia?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Jul 19, 2013.

1. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

www.icobte2013.org/ICOBTE_2013_files/.../272.pdf‎ Found this one as well. What I get out of this work is that MSMA applied to turf does not have much mobility into ground water unless it is applied to sand. Again, I am really not happy with that UF researcher that told people they could spray MSMA in Florida in the morning and it would still work if it rained cats and dogs that afternoon. Good product stewardship would mean no applications if heavy rains were expected within 24 hours. That is the rule I follow for everything. Do not want to see products get banned in Hawaii, never mind having to deal with trees and shrubs killed by herbicide movement in flood waters.

2. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

I've used celsius this summer and it has removed bahia crabgrass and some sedges.

3. greendoctor

Celsius does work when applied correctly and under the right conditions. Last year, Celsius did not really work well for me. Never got much above 80 all year long and the number of days that were full sun could be counted on two hands.

4. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Thanks guys. I have finished up one side of my spray tank today. Gonna go ahead and spray msm on the few that have requested to get the bahaia out.

5. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I can't get this link to go through. Are you saying MSMA is effective on paspalum?

6. greendoctor

Yes. That is what used to be used before the $200 per ounce stuff we have now. I would imagine that control would be total if MSMA were used with something like Monument.