Celcius Herbicide

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ArTurf, Mar 18, 2010.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I know this is a new product by Bayer, but thought I would ask for opinions on it. It is for warm season grasses, knocks out broadleaf & crab. Sounds good.

Ralmaroad & Greendoctor: What do you think about this for St Aug & Centipede?

GREEN AS A GOURD LawnSite Member

It does look good being labeled for a broad spectrum of weeds and warm season turfgrasses
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  3. Toughweed

Toughweed LawnSite Member

It is safe for st. Aug and centipede up to 95 degrees!

I have been looking at Celsius also, not any stores in my area carrying it yet. I would like to find out what the average cost is
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. coiclawn

coiclawn LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

It was just released in Fla. a couple of weeks ago so I haven't had a chance to check results on my lawns yet. It is agency priced at 75.00 a bottle. It has tall crabgrass on the label but the guys I talked to that were part of the test group said that they got about a 50-50 kill on all types.
  6. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

I was given a bottle to test by my Agrium rep. Did a centipede lawn and a zoysia lawn with it last week. This might be the ticket for some grassy weeds that MSMA did not do much to anyway. At agency pricing, this comes out better than Certainty or Monument, the two products in heavy use here.

I checked with two local lawncare suppliers and they were both in the mid $90 range.
  8. LawnoftheMonth

LawnoftheMonth LawnSite Senior Member

I paid 75.00 for a 10 granular oz bottle, Im going to try it on oxalis next week.

9. LawnoftheMonth

LawnoftheMonth LawnSite Senior Member

higher than that according to the bayer and estes reps.
  10. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

I have a sample but am waiting for St. Augustine to break dormancy. I'll be trying it on Dallisgrass in St. Augustine. If it works, cost is not a problem. It's strange, I have two lawns side by side, even with a chain link gate between. One yard had Dallisgrass in centipede which I took care of and through the gate is St. Augustine with same Dallisgrass. Drift there was serious and sprayed it around 5AM when everything was dead calm. Dallisgrass had to be wicked with gylphosate with hypodermic needle (poor at best). The best I could do was to keep it from spreading without burning holes in the lawn. Well the Dallisgrass is still there in the St. Augustine. These people are wonderful and listen to every word. I'm anxious to just do something for them and if Celsius works--well an early Christmas gift is on the way. I'll let you know come June.