celcius opinions

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by woodlawnservice, Mar 25, 2013.

1. BikePilot

BikePilot LawnSite Member

Spot spray fescue clumps with Gly before green up starts. Celsius will not get the Poa. I have had great results with Certainty for Poa and is my pick for Sedges. I have a lot of pressure from Sedges all summer and the Certainty does great.

2. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

Green up has already started here. What's the price on certainty?

3. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

Nevermind, it looks pretty comparable to celcius. Also labeled for Poa control. I may go run by JDL in a little bit and see if they have some.

4. rduty

rduty LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Hello Turf Dog what post emergence would you suggest for Poa in Bermuda ?

5. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

If all you want to do is kill poa in Bermuda and money is no problem I would say Revolver would be best followed by certainty.
    If you are spraying for several weeds and money is a issue then I go with Celsius or Manor. It may not give you a quick kill but they will help it burn up faster and really clean a lawn up for tha money.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Georgia Lawn

Georgia Lawn LawnSite Member
    Male, from Ga

Turf dawg
    You have had good success with manor making the poa burn up faster? What rate did u go do you remember?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

What are the temps you see on Round 1? I was under the impression Celsius didn't work well at low temps.

8. Turf Dawg

This is actually my first time to use Manor. I think it will help it transition faster because the lawns I sprayed a few weeks ago the Poa is lighter colored than the non sprayed lawns with a little browning on top of some. I mixed at .75 rate so I am somewhere between .75 and 1 oz per acre.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Turf Dawg

I personally think it works fine it is just much slower than when it is hot.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. dmar62

dmar62 LawnSite Member

I just use Celsius for the first time today on a bermuda yard. I will post my the resolates i get on Monday. We are suppose to have 70 deg temps throughout the weekend. I sprayed 0.113/oz per 1,000. The yard had spring weeds, crabgrass, and fescue clumps, so I should get a good test on how it does on the different types of weeds. I does have a different smell to it than 3way, I was kind of wondering at first if it mixed good in my sprayer because it really doesn't change the color on the water. Then I started to smell it when I was spraying, I knew then to had mixed good.