Celcius substitute

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Aug 14, 2013.

1. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Square one is Carfentrazone and quinclorac, Drive and Quicksilver. have never used Quicksilver so i can't speculate on that but there are plenty of guys on here that have. maybe they'll chime in.

Drive will take care of the crabgrass and a few others , look at the labeled weeds and see what which may work better for you.

2. clemsonturf

clemsonturf LawnSite Member
    from SC

You missed my point...just as I knew you would. Anyone in your line of work should be familiar with the majority of actives common to the T&O market, and what they're capable of. No reason for questions like yours if you know your stuff.

greendoctor- You seem like you know your stuff...but I apply a pile of it and never seen enough evidence to justify it for that purpose.

IRRITECH- LOL! No need to look anything up. I promise.

3. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

these threads kill me on ls. Before i go to bed I get on a few chosen websites and look. never fails on lawnsite someone asks a question and a response is are u licensed? like that matters. Who cares if someones licensed? because u take some test makes u know everything. im from georgia and the test is serious and i mean serious BS. just like every other test u take in life. i have to ask before i head to bed. whos licensed? nevermind it seriously doesnt matter.... get over it. just because someones licensed doesnt mean a thing.

4. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Thought so.

Like Georgia Lawn said, a license doesn't mean squat.

Been spraying since '94, never heard of Square One, in your book i guess that makes me inept.

Whatever, if you don't have anything constructive to say leave it alone, get your post count up some other way.

5. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I understood the question and didn't think it was out of line for a knowledgable applicator. There a dozens of products and a person could spend a huge amount of time reading and testing them. Just asking for similiar products that were effective.

6. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Then I must be doing it wrong or have a different type of crabgrass. Mine does not die out at the end of the year. I do know that MSM is always applied at 1/2-1 oz per acre with fan nozzles at 1 gallon per 1000 with 1/2-1% methylated seed oil. I also know that lawns to be treated are at the right height of cut, using the correct mower, irrigated, and on a premium fertility program. When MSMA got limited, many of the local golf courses had problems getting the new SU herbicides to work. They were used to burning holes in the fairways with 2 oz per gallon. Which works even on starved weeds. This all relates to one of the above factors I mentioned. Many of the yard people had even worse problems because none of those factors were in order.

7. clemsonturf

from SC

I must agree on the license piece...my tactic was way off.

Inept for not knowing what Square One is?? Not by any stretch...trade names mean squat(unless you're addressing the issue of generics/price/making your own combos vs. buying pre-mix, etc etc).

My first response to the op in post #12 IS constructive by my standards. To be a "professional applicator" of many different turf types and not be familiar with most, if not all available actives and their proposed capabilities is slack.

And turning to an internet forum for a quick question and answer is lazy at best...

8. clemsonturf

from SC

greendoc- keep rocking if it's working for you. My variables are much the same except gpa.

9. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks. Consider yourself lucky that quinclorac is allowed in your state. I cannot even get it as a watered down Q4 type formulation. DOA does not want that AI here. That is why I need to know how to control crabgrass without MSMA or quinclorac. Image + Revolver works well for me as a slow acting equivalent to MSMA for control of crabgrass, goosegrass, and nutsedge.

10. Wes Parker

Wes Parker LawnSite Member

I've got my license but compared to what there is to know out there I dont know anything at all...Guess to some this is a bad place for me to come to try and learn. Why? Because I have my license.... and because of that I am suppose to know everything.