Celebrity Customers?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by 021462, May 3, 2005.

1. 021462

021462 LawnSite Member

Anyone of you have a customer that is a celebrity or famous person in your town?

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

you mean other than myself? ;)

3. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

good one
    if anyone does do you charge them an arm and a leg ?????????????
    I have a cousin that is in small movies !!!!!!!!!!!!!! out in Cali

4. fromTEXAS!

fromTEXAS! LawnSite Member

they are all based in California thats where all the movies are made duh! look at the other thread titled anyone in california? i think its called

5. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I know someone around here who cuts for Bob Marley's mom. I don't cut that far north. The family gathers and there's a Bob Marley festival here every year now. Ziggy and some others perform. Fun times.

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

A drummer in a rock band...................
    A baseball hall of famer..................

7. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

When I was in high school, I worked as a bus boy at a nice restaurant. One night, Gordie Howe came in with a big group, stayed at the table for hours, drew pictures all over the linens and then tipped the server about 8% The guy even owned a restaurant in the same town! The server was on the verge of tears because she hardly had any other tables since his group parked there all night and the manager wanted to make sure the local celeb got the attention he deserved.

I grumbled at him about being cheap and low class as he was leaving. I'm not even sure if he heard or listened, but I know I don't want to work with another celeb.

The next closest call was a former Ms. America who was a customer of a landscaper I helped with spring cleanups (also when I was in high school), who had (among other things) dirty freaking diapers in her yard.

No thanks. No more important people for me.

8. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

I work for a guy that Produced the last Sandra Bullock Movie, [and the 1st and is writein the next 1 as well]....Hes very casual, doesent get involved with the lawn / trees, it all up to his wife. They're are the "Nicest, most normal people I work for",.....another couples company went fortune 500 last year, & when they moved to a Estate area, I moved with them [ now I manage all the outside services on their property]...again very relaxed, very peaceful workin there. :)....If you do things right you dont have to charge an arm & a leg, you just focus your attensions on makein there lives as peaceful as possible [ pay attension to detail] each of these accounts gets me $3000.00 in annual pot / hanging basket / spot color planting and another $5-7000 per yr in general maintance [ no-cutting] and if I'm really attentive I average $5-10,000 in misc. plantings per account.......No need to over charge these "Nice People" :)

9. clc2003

clc2003 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ia

I assume that u didn't mention there names for a reason, but I am curious since Im a big rock fan. Can u at least say what band he plays for?

10. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Why would you charge them an arm and a leg ?